What are the best speakers to maximise the sound out of a Sonos 120

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A little bit cheeky to put this under hifi but what the heck.

My Sonus Faber Concertinos sound a bit washed out connected up to my new Sonos 120. Speaking to various people I believe I need to get some "efficient" speakers to pair up well with the 120.

The room is large - 8mx5m.

The music ranges from classical through to rock but Steely Dan would be my benchmark.

Budget is not the limiting factor but lets say US$1500 is the upper limit. I'm based in Australia so can access both euro and us speakers as well as Australian.

One dealer pointed me at the Klipsch Icon but cant say I was impressed. Can anyone recommend some speakers for me please.

Dali Ikon 2 and 6 read OK but not sure whether the 120 will drive them well enough.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Did you forget something or was the smiley icon the whole content?

A

Anonymous

bigboss:To be honest, a Sonos ZP90 with a dedicated hi-fi amplifier connected to your Sonus Faber will give far superior results than the ZP120.

I have to agree. Bought a ZP120 but returned it after a few weeks and got the ZP90 instead. I felt the sound was thin and lifeless with the ZP120. Tried it with Dynaudio x12 but also a pair of Dynavoice with far higher sensitivity.

A

Anonymous

Not really. Sell them I guess. Have been looking at the specs of the DALI Ikon 6's which seem pretty efficient so should match up OK to the 120. Off to listen to them tomorrow but unfortunately not through the S120.

I know they have just been obsoleted by the Mk 2 but I can get them for A$1000 which seems pretty good for new Ikon 6's. They are rated at 92db so should be OK with the smaller oomph of the 120 but any advice would be most welcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts