What are the benefits of bi-amping?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have a Harmon/Kardon Power amplifier 2100- signature series (100w x 2. I am thinking of bi- amping my neat motive 2's. Any advantages in doing this, besides the obvious of more power!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
better bass, better control, better seperation - also the treble has a dedicated amp def worth a go as i know how unhappy you said you were so maybe enough to put a smile back on your face

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Lets hope so- I will report back once I have had a good listening session. I know that the harmon/kardon is not exactly a new amp- but it has been good in the past in my home theatre, so it should hold it's own with the Roksan Kandy Intergrated :) (that's a temporary smile by the way...)

A

Anonymous

I hate to be a party pooper but I suspect it's going to be a bit bright!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
so you have tagged on the hk to the kandys pre outs? are you using the kandy just as a pre now or running the tweeters from that and the bass from the hk as that could start to get messy

A

Anonymous

My experience of HK amps was wall paper stripping. Having said that, if it's on the bass then it might work well, provided the amp gains match of course!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lol, graphic description iggle, like it lots mate
emotion-2.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
yes, i have it connected to the kandys pre-out and powering the tweeters with the hk and the bass/midrange driver is powered by the kandy. Is this wrong?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have just seen several posts regarding bi-amping? it looks like I might be doing this incorrectly! Can WHF help please??

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i would expect the kandy to be the most detailed of the two so i would have thought that better for your hi freq to be honest - i would set it up that way and see if you think the treble is clearly than when you were just running the kandy on its own then look to buy the matching kandy power amp if it is

have you established yet if its the kandy or the speakers that are causing you your problems?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i have never wired a system up like that - i have used a different power amp to a pre amp but never mixed an integrated of one brand with a power from the other

everyone says you need to compare the power and match the gain settings - i could be wrong on this bit but if thay are different you will end up with either louder bass or treble so you are altering the musics dynamics

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts