What amp to go with DALI Lektor 2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I have decided to purchase the DALI Lecktor 2's how ever i am unsure of what amp to get to go with it? Budget around £200 - £250.

I was thinking of the http://whathifi.com/Review/Cambridge-Audio-Azur-340A-SE/ or http://whathifi.com/Review/NAD-C315BEE/

Anyone got any other ideas?

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

I really would stay well away from the lower end azur range as I found them to be very flat and dull and lacking in musical power. The question I should ask if are you looking for new or second hand, if the answer is new, then I would look at the Rotel RA04 and the NAD C315BEE however I would shop around and see what deals are going at the moment.

A

Anonymous

OK thanks for your advice.

I don't mind going second hand i just don't really know where to find any second hand. My local hifi shop is abit rubish 2bh but i belive they have the NAD in stock so i'll pop down tommorrow and have a listen. But do you think the speakers will be over kill for the NAD?

Are the lower end Azur really that bad? They seam to get a good review on here?

A

Anonymous

No the lower Azur rage are not bad at all! If your using smaller speakers (not the Lektor 2's) then they are a great range of HiFi for smaller systems and more budget systems. If your using the Dali Lektor 2's i would recommend a Marantz Amplifier or Cambridge Audio Amplifier but i would go for more along the lines of the CA Azur 540A or 640A to run them. I have had them in the past and used them all a lot (as i have the 740 Azur rage) they sound great and with the Dali's it would sound fantastic.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
To go against my usual grain id say you need to stick the Marantz 6002 in there for good measure too.

Im not usually a fan of Marantz but i heard these with the Dali Lektor 1's and 2's recently and they sounded sublime :)

IMO the C/A amp mentioned wont do the Lektors justice at all but the NAD C325BEE amp would be worth demo'ing; i dont feel that the C315BEE amp would have the guts to drive the Lektors to their full potential.

If your budget is tight i can highly recommend a decent 2nd hand example of a NAD C320BEE amp. Would suit the Lektors down to a tee :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Ok so i'll scrape getting the cheaper nad and look into the C325BEE, hopefully my hifi shop will stock it as well.

I had a look at the Marantz but there a little out of my price range, thanks anyway.

I'm going to be running my pc with an asus xonar DX sound card into what ever amp i get, do you think that the NAD C320BEE and the Lecktor's would sound good with the card?

I listen to all type of music but mostly softish rock such as GnR and old school hip hop such as Wu tang and a tribe called quest. But i also dabble in Drum and Bass and some Classical. Would this set up cover with all these diffrent styles?

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Stevie, I have the same soundcard in my high end PC but I have recently purchased a CA DAC Magic and it is such a big improvement in sound and clarity I can't tell you. The Xonar is a very good card and the Coaxial output/RCA outputs are reasonable but can be bettered

A

Anonymous

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3663 Stevie act with haste as the Marantz has now shot up
emotion-2.gif
. I know that would mean a blind buy but it's obviously well liked by the hi fi magz and Dan has also mentioned how good it sounds with the Dali's.

A

Anonymous

Wow that is a good price Newbie cheers for the heads up!!! Might well have to purchase it.However i really would rather listen to it first. Hope it stay at that price for the weekend at least so i can find somewhere to have a listen.

Knacker - You said that the xonar featured coxail out, i though it had spdif out? I am also planning to purchase a Sony STR 820 and run if off the xonars spdif you see.

Once again thanks for all the help.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:Agree. Dali used the little marantz at bristol to good effect.

I agree.

The Marantz/Lektor combo at Brizzle sounded great. As ever, audition as much as possible though.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:To go against my usual grain id say you need to stick the Marantz 6002 in there for good measure too. Im not usually a fan of Marantz but i heard these with the Dali Lektor 1's and 2's recently and they sounded sublime :)

wooow. Dan recommended pm6002..! :)

A

Anonymous

Cheers for all the advice guys!!! Got a much better response here than i did on the other forums.

I'll try as many of the amps you metioned as possible over the weekend, however with out listening to the amps through the Dali Lecktors will it not be a un acurate picture?

A

Anonymous

Sevenoaks are selling the Marantz cd6002 & pm6002 with the Dali Lektor speakers as a package - supports Dan/Drummerman/Eddie's comments???

I'm a fan of the Marantz but have to say haven't heard it with Dali Lektors.

If price is an issue on the Marantz check out http://www.glasgowaudio.com/06-2nd-hand.html.

A

Anonymous

Wow cheers for the tip on that website, very cheep. I have a demo of the Marantz amp tommorrow morning so if i like it i think i'll go for that amp off that website. Any one used that site? Is it ok?

Thanks for everyone's help by the way.

A

Anonymous

Yeap superfi are a good web retailer and indeed have 8 stores also so it's not some cowboy outfit

A

Anonymous

Ok so i tested the Marantz 6002 today and was really really impressed, so i think ill go for it. I tested them with some B n W's, the nice man in the shop was rather insistant that the Lecktor's would have to much high end with the amp. I belive 'a fizzy high end' was the words he used. I presume that was the typical sales man bull but will the 6002 and the Leckor 2's be ok?

I know some of you said you had heard the combo, was the high end ok? How about the bass? I know i should test the Lecktor as well but i carn't find anywhere that has them in stock.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
He may be right. If you liked the sound of the B&Ws why don't you go for them? If you demo'd in a shop you should buy from there really or all our hifi dealers will go out of business. They will do you a deal I'm sure.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Joel in an ideal world we should buy from dealers but you have to remember the marantz costs more than a hundred pound more than it does at superfi. If the opening poster can get a good deal all well and good, but if not, then he has to buy what he can afford and there is nothing wrong with that.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I did like the B&W's however i tried three diffrent pair's and the only ones that were in my budget lacked a real bass. I did still try for deal however and the best he could offer me was 280 quid for the Marantz which was too expenive, so i gota get it off the net. I really would like to support my local hifi shop as they really took their time with me today but i just cannot afford it on a student's budget.

Anyone who has heard the Marantz and the Lecktor's have any addvice on the high end "fizz" ?

A

Anonymous

Hello Stevie I am using the Marantz 6002 combination with the Lektor 2s and I think the sound is really nice, there is no high end fizz as you call it. If you can you try and listen before you buy. I bought the Marantz combo for £428. I was looking for a budget speaker and the three that my dealership stocked were B&W 686, MA BR1 & Dali 1s. Tried the B&Ws and the MAs and preferred the B&Ws but didn't try the Dalis as was told they were not worth trying cos they would be overly bright with the Marantz so I didn't even bother trying them at that time and decided on the 686s. Went to order the 686s the next day but insisted I needed to try the Dalis just to please myself for sure. Got them home and have never looked back they were the ones for me maybe just lacking a little bass otherwise thought they were great, good clarity and detail. So for just a little more bass I ordered the Dali 2s on the strength of the 1s and I am more than pleased with them they are a great little speaker. If you can demo them in your own home then even better. Hope this helps. I am using them with Soundstyle Z2 stands which do a good job too and are ideal for a budget.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Warmington, thats ansewered alot of my questions, many thanks!!! So you find the Dali's 2 have better bass then the Dali 1's? Whats the bass with your current set up like? What kinda music do you like? I'm into most types of music but listen to alot of old school hip hop such as Wu tang clan, nas, tribe called quest, so i'd like quite a punchy bass but defently not a boomy bass do you think this combo would be suitable for this? Baring in mind that i also listen to alot of classical, rock and drum and bass.

Aslo cheers for the heads up on the stand, i'll have to check them out. Only problem is that i think i'll need them to be slightly higher as i belive they are just about 60cm?

A

Anonymous

When you add in the spikes and the top plate, then it's more like 70cm, there is that option mentioned and also the Atacama Nexus 6

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/atacama_nexus_6.shtml?fshop

Well to clarify I definitely know when adding the spikes which sit on the floor and the top plate, the total height is 70cm for the Atacama Nexus 6 as I have a pair myself.

With the latter option, definitely loads the stands with dried sand also though

I haven't personally heard the Dali's but from reading about them you are getting the qualities of the Dali 1's with a lot more presence and punchy bass added into the mix.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts