What amp for b&w 601 s1 speakers and was £130 too much for them??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just got b&w dm601 s1 speakers for £130 (was this too much to pay and are they any good??)

I want an amp for them and looking at RA 1060, RA-04, NAD c325 and marantz pm6002. Any thoughts please

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did pay too much for them! well i have them now. Are they good speakers still? I am waiting for my amp to come. I got a NAD C320 on an auction site for £73 ( not bee model) I think this was a good price any thoughts?? I am going to get some QED anniversary XT cable. Do you think its a good set up or should I sell it all and start again???

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gazzag24"]

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did pay too much for them! well i have them now. Are they good speakers still? I am waiting for my amp to come. I got a NAD C320 on an auction site for £73 ( not bee model) I think this was a good price any thoughts?? I am going to get some QED anniversary XT cable. Do you think its a good set up or should I sell it all and start again???

[/quote]

They are very good in terms of midrange and treble but a little thin in the bass department.

Regards Ed

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Theyre fairly good speakers but for that money you should have gone for the B&W 601S2's or S3's as someone mentioned above, you could possibly get a set of B&W 602 S2's for not much more... Anyways youve got them now so...

I'd say a good amp for them would be either the Rotel RA04 or the NAD C320BEE. Id personally avoid the Marantz as to me they sound a little too clinical and not very good bass weight with B&W speakers.

You've obviously got them 2nd hand so youre ok with buying that way; Take a look at eBay for decent Arcam Alpha 8 or 9 integrated amps as well. Not sure on your budget but theyre good and are well matched for B&W speakers.

The QED Silver Anniversay cable will be more than good enough but for the same £££ you could also possibly look at the Chord Carnival Silver.

What CD player have you got for the system and waht music do you listen to? Also, have you bought speakers stands for them or are you mounting them differently?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reply. have already got the NAD c320 it is not the BEE model (will it be good enough??) just waiting for the QED to arrive!! I am thinking of streaming or connecting via TWO to ONE plug the lossless format off my computer instead of CD player.No speaker stands just on bookshelf. Any thoughts.. (thinking I might sell the s1's and but the s3's too

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts