What about Bananas

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I have seen so many threads on speaker cables and interconnects but what about banana plugs they also have influence on what is being fed, I can't remember seeing any review on these on WHF.

So here is the questions what are your experience and which one are recommended? Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Coincidentally, News Ed Joe Cox's desk, just now...

1826709f6bli.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have some cheap ones off amazon and they are ok but just got some chord from a very good local hi fi shop and they are much better

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I don't use them. Then there is no inflence on what is being fed
emotion-1.gif
I need to re-do them from time to time, but I prefer that to sticking something else in the signal path.

A

Anonymous

is there a significant advantage banana plugs over bare wire connections?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
jsl20:is there a significant advantage banana plugs over bare wire connections?

Apart from ease of connecting, no

(The other advantage is if its airsealed, which will stop the copper oxidising)

A

Anonymous

mine chords are heatshrinked and it gives them a more solid feel but I have a 7.1 system so I did it for ease and convenience

A

Anonymous

Imo, along with ease of use b plugs provide a neat and solid connection . Possibly provides unwanted noise as opposed to bare wire. Imo, an essential part to a system.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
i find b. plugs just easy to use, i wanted to share with you guys

last month i wanted to replace my plugs on my blackrhodium cable i looked around and found on EBAy 20 bannana plugs 24k gold for £10.99 incuding postage. a good buy so i ordered them, They are NAKAMICHI 24 k gold. i never heard of them.

I wanted to let you guys know they are a bargain the quality is excellent they have 7 blades on plug and have a good tight fit the finish is stunning they have a silver cap with the name in black or red for wiring printed on them. my system sounds much better, of course they are new but i think its the tight good connection with my amp and speakers that does it and they look great. and i think £10.99 including posting from japan is good value.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Coincidentally, News Ed Joe Cox's desk, just now...

From the colour I presume they are gold plated rather than silver/rhodium, but how do they sound?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts