What A/V amp would you recommend

Jambodave

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am currently looking at buying my first 5.1 surround sound set-up, I have a budget of approx £500 for the whole system.

I am currently looking at 3 amps two Onkyo and one Sony , the Sony
being the STR-DH800 and the Onkyo's being the TX-SR507 and TX-SR577, I
am planning to pair them up with a set of Onkyo SKS-HT528 speakers.

I will be hooking the system up to a PS3, Sky plus, and a Samsung LE37A556P 37" LCD TV.

I was just wondering what amp you would recommend from the 3 choices, or another amp up to £280-300 in price.

Thanks

David

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would opt for the 507. It will partner just with the Onkyo speakers and the amp should give the best level of functions/sound at the price point. We normally match the 507 with the Jamo HCS5 pack if they take your fancy - as a pairing they offer one of the best sounds under £500 in my opinion.

Jambodave

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation, what would be the best way of connecting the ps3 to the amp, would a HDMI or Optical input be better?

What would be the best price you could give me on the 507 with the onkyo speakers, with 25m of speaker cable, a 7.5-10m sub cable, and connections from ps3 to amp.

Thanks

David

Jambodave

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Nick and the advice, well I went and got myself a system today, which I must say was a bargain,

I got an Onkyo TX-SR607 and SKS-HT528 speakers, 25m of speaker cable, sub link, and hdmi cable for £550 from Richer Sounds.

Thanks to Jordan at Richer Sounds in Edinburgh for offering me the
deal, and to Nick at the Home Cinema Centre for making me realise what
a cracking deal I was getting.

Now the hard part of setting it up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts