What a lovely change...

After wall-to-wall football (i like football, don't get me wrong), it was good to switch over to Yesterday channel and watch a documentary about Albert Speer. I've seen it before but it's fascinating part of history, and how he escaped the hangman's noose. That era isn't particularly palletable, but interesting to find out he was, in some quarters, revered.

Long may Yesterday channel live....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:That era isn't particularly palletable, but interesting to find out he was, in some quarters, revered.

And his influence is still to be found in some unlikely places.

One Speer admirer (and apologist) is the architect and planner Leon Krier, who designed Poundbury - in Dorset - the model town commissioned by Krier's friend and client Prince Charles.

Here is another programme about that era you might enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagoBzZT1q8

All about Third Reich architecture and including a little about Speer too.

Andrew Everard:Ah yes, nothing like a revered fascist architect to provide a break from the tedium of football. Lovely...

You know what meant, Andrew.
emotion-1.gif

chebby:

plastic penguin:That era isn't particularly palletable, but interesting to find out he was, in some quarters, revered.

And his influence is still to be found in some unlikely places.

One Speer admirer (and apologist) is the architect and planner Leon Krier, who designed Poundbury - in Dorset - the model town commissioned by Krier's friend and client Prince Charles.

Here is another programme about that era you might enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagoBzZT1q8

All about Third Reich architecture and including a little about Speer too.

Ah ha, the hybrid Prince

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:I think he favours Bentley and Aston Martin and Range Rover.

All of whom, I think you'll find, are working on hybrid, low-emissions vehicles. And of course his current Jags, Audi and Range Rovers run on biodiesel, and the Volante on bioethanol.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

All of whom, I think you'll find, are working on hybrid, low-emissions vehicles. And of course his current Jags, Audi and Range Rovers run on biodiesel, and the Volante on bioethanol.

Distilled from 'Duchy Originals' organic wine?

chebby:Andrew Everard:

Distilled from 'Duchy Originals' organic wine?

"Pass the Duchy from the left-hand side...."

TRENDING THREADS