What a difference a subwoofer cable makes!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps not the most exciting topic, but the Chord Crimson Plus sub cable landed on my doormat this morning. Having quickly replaced the existing cheapo cable with the Chord, loaded a Blu Ray and hit play, the improvement was immediately apparent: bass was tauter, faster, more rhythmic and tuneful... it really was like listening to a different sub.

I'm aware I could improve things further by shelling out more on a cable, but I'm chalking this up as one of the best investments I've made. Having watched Saving Private Ryan this evening, I think it's time to head downstairs to apologise to the guy in the flat below. That should soften him up for the Band of Brothers marathon I have planned...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Strapped, i'm glad i went for the Crimson Plus now - same sub as well
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thats like saying water pipes can't make a difference!

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with aliEnRIK that cables do not make a difference and its all in your mind making you think its better.

No seriously, glad you like your new cable and its improvement it's done.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I think we have to accept that if someone buys a cable and 'percieves' a difference then it has to be money well spent because there is accepted value for money.......doesn't matter whether someone else with the exact same equipment etc etc buys same cable and hears no difference...which is why one person will buy a Ford Focus, another a Vauxhall Astra and another a VW Golf......all really the same but different

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
grdunn123:

which is why one person will buy a Ford Focus, another a Vauxhall Astra and another a VW Golf......all really the same but different

Good analogy ......
emotion-21.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

grdunn123:

which is why one person will buy a Ford Focus, another a Vauxhall Astra and another a VW Golf......all really the same but different

Good analogy ......
emotion-21.gif

But one has a heated front windscreen, and the other two don't......
emotion-34.gif

I feature which is very useful these days.......

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
strapped for cash:

Perhaps not the most exciting topic, but the Chord Crimson Plus sub cable landed on my doormat this morning. Having quickly replaced the existing cheapo cable with the Chord, loaded a Blu Ray and hit play, the improvement was immediately apparent: bass was tauter, faster, more rhythmic and tuneful... it really was like listening to a different sub.

I'm aware I could improve things further by shelling out more on a cable, but I'm chalking this up as one of the best investments I've made. Having watched Saving Private Ryan this evening, I think it's time to head downstairs to apologise to the guy in the flat below. That should soften him up for the Band of Brothers marathon I have planned...

As a matter of interest, how much did this piece of wire cost you?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I regret starting this thread now (others may feel the same). Could you please lock it, before things become unruly?

I only wanted to express satisfaction with a product. I should've known better!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
grdunn123:strapped for cash:
"As a matter of interest, how much did this piece of wire cost you?"

£36, for a 5m length.

For that price I hope it has an AHB on one end...

Er, possibly? Perhaps I'm naive, but I've no idea what that's an acronym for...

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
According to the infallible resource that is Wikipedia, AHB could denote:

1) Abha Airport;

2) A high performance bus;

3) Africanised Honeybee; or

4) Auckland Harbour Bridge

Seriously, what am I missing here? Please clear this up for us...
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

I dont think anyone has ever questioned that fact that good quality analog cables can make a difference.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
strapped for cash:

£36, for a 5m length.

I had my sub lead custom made at a local supplier. It is double screened studio audio cable with gold phono plugs, about 4m long. I had it made to the precise length from my amp to the sub. £10!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
chudleighpaul:strapped for cash:

£36, for a 5m length.

I had my sub lead custom made at a local supplier. It is double screened studio audio cable with gold phono plugs, about 4m long. I had it made to the precise length from my amp to the sub. £10!

If you're happy with it, then I can't argue with that!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
matthaskell:Thanks for the info Strapped, i'm glad i went for the Crimson Plus now - same sub as well
emotion-21.gif

Glad you're happy. Presumably you bought the sub from ebay as 'b' stock?

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash:grdunn123:strapped for cash:

£36, for a 5m length.

For that price I hope it has an AHB on one end...

Er, possibly? Perhaps I'm naive, but I've no idea what that's an acronym for...

Perhaps this - http://www.ahb.com.my/ - so it can be checked that the cable is level and straight. So the electrons go in the right direction - obvious!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts