What £300 amp and speakers for an rDAC?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I'm trying to spec a system for a friend - using Apple TV into an Arcam DAC. Budget allows for a £300 ish amp and the same for speakers.

Any suggestions? (speakers can't be too big - 30 to 35cm height max).

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rotel RA04SE is a great amp at the price point, and the Monitor Audio BX2s got excellent reviews - if you can find a dealer with both your friend can have a proper listen first too.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. I'm afraid the lack of remote control would rule that amp out...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

i would definetley have a listen to the yamaha A-S500 amp. Some people love it, some dont.I absolutely love mine

I would also recommend monitor audio bx2's, the sound quality is fantastic for the price

matthewpiano

plastic penguin:
matthewpiano:Marantz PM6003 or NAD C326BEE and Dali Lektor 1 or 2.

I would look at Arcam/MA or Rotel/B&W.

I'd certainly look at Arcam (I love Arcam), but it would have to be used with a £300 budget. With Arcam I'd try MA and Dali.

As for Rotel, again I agree with you PP, but at the £300 budget there is only the RA-04SE if buying new, and the OP has already ruled it out due to lack of remote.

I do agree that either of these options would be better than the Marantz or NAD, but if used and/or remote-less don't attract either the Marantz or NAD amps would do a very good job for the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts