wharfedale pacific evo 10

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Bit short on time so I keep this short. Have been offered a pair of wharfedale pacific evo 10's cheaply. Had/heard lots of gear but never the evos. I'd use them for a second system with separates from denon. Has anyone got a pair or heard them in an audition. Thanks

A

Anonymous

I've got the EVO2 30s....can absolutly recommend them! I guess the evo 10s are just the same just like a standmount version. They are not the most upfront speakers in the world, a bit more relaxed.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thank you hughes123. Very much appreciated but I guess its like comparing a pair of sabre's (ruark) which I got too to a set of swordsman or other larger unit. Tonality changes as size increases. Still, I like a 'bouncy' sound with a nice delineated bass (not woolly or soft!!!) and clear mids. Just heard a friends MS 902i's and its exactly the sort of sound I intensely dislike (soft one-note bass, vague mids and thin fizz, great for HT not good for music). Then again they're dirt cheap so the wharfedales should be different. Perhaps there's someone out there that uses them for music rather than (i guess the majority) for rear duties in HT. I should'nt really bother asking as I could no doubt sell them on for a profit but I can't be bothered with the hassle and have no way to listen them. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts