Wharfedale Elysian 4

KenTX

Mar 22, 2021
Visit site
Dimensions and price in one word? Ridiculous!

Standing 119cm tall and 40cm wide - this was near the top of the article BTW.
Thank you for your most helpful response, not. Is this how everyone on this site is? One man's junk is another's treasure AVDude. But I'll move to another site in the future.

Thank you for your most helpful response, not. Is this how everyone on this site is? One man's junk is another's treasure AVDude. But I'll move to another site in the future.
Don’t be put off by one reply, which seems to have misunderstood your question.

Unfortunately these ‘review’ alerts do not get replied to by the magazine contributors. However you posted on another thread where suitable rooms were discussed.

KenTX

Mar 22, 2021
Visit site
Don’t be put off by one reply, which seems to have misunderstood your question.

Unfortunately these ‘review’ alerts do not get replied to by the magazine contributors. However you posted on another thread where suitable rooms were discussed.

Thank you. The responses to the other thread were most helpful. I‘m learning as I go here. I love listening to music that is clear, deep and pristine. I had it in another house and am hoping to repeat it now. I believe the expertise and passion on this site will help a lot.

Reactions: nopiano

Garth Vader

Apr 4, 2021
Visit site
What Hi-fi 3-22-2021:
Elysian 4
  • Floor spikes can’t be adjusted
Wharfedale:
ELYSIAN Stability
Four metal spikes support the Elysian 4 floor-standing loudspeaker to provide rock-solid stability on any floor. Each spike is height-adjustable to compensate for un-level surfaces.

Garth Vader

Apr 4, 2021
Visit site
Article states:
AGAINST
  • Floor spikes can’t be adjusted
  • Need a larger room to shine
And yet, Wharfedale's site says:

ELYSIAN Stability
Four metal spikes support the Elysian 4 floor-standing loudspeaker to provide rock-solid stability on any floor. Each spike is height-adjustable to compensate for un-level surfaces.

So who is correct?

jimboblue

May 13, 2013
Visit site
How is it that 3 years after posting this review they still haven't updated it to remove the factually incorrect bit about non-adjstable floor spikes, as per the manual and Garth Vader's earlier post each spike is fully adjustable. I can't beleve any decent reviewer would seriously think that a £7k pair of speakers would not have adjustable spikes, it makes me quetion the quality of testing and the review process if they can't even be bothered to check something this simple.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts