Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, what amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to all of this Hi-Fi business. I'm looking to create a budget system and was wondering which amp would go best with these speakers for up to £150.

If anyone has any suggestions for other system setups I could use for under £250 I would be greatful.

I was also wondering if the Diamond 9.1's give out good bass?

Thanks,

Max

A

Anonymous

Hi Max,

I have got the 9.1,s with a Marantz pm4001 amp,its a great budget amp and its an ideal match with these speakers.What you have to realise tho is they are small standmouts so wont give you earth shattering bass,but what bass there is,is well defined.

What type of music you,re into and what you are using as your main source will have an impact as well.

I listen mainly to electric blues ie SRV,Buddy Guy.Clapton,et al and find this combination ideal..but let your own ears decide.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Paul,

I'm mainly listening to Jazz, Dum & Bass, Dub Step, Chillout. I'm a fan of lots of bass : )

Would you advise getting a subwoofer as well? I can stretch my budget another £150 maximum.

Thanks

matthewpiano

maxspencer:

I'm mainly listening to Jazz, Dum & Bass, Dub Step, Chillout. I'm a fan of lots of bass : )

Would you advise getting a subwoofer as well? I can stretch my budget another £150 maximum.

Thanks

With those musical tastes I'd leave the Diamonds well alone. They are great speakers but won't satisfy your demand for strong, deep bass.

JD's suggestion is excellent. Otherwise seek out a good pair of B&W DM601 S3s second hand.

A

Anonymous

Would have to agree with the 2 previous post,they suit my musical tastes,but drum and bass i think not...

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:maxspencer:

Thanks

seek out a good pair of B&W DM601 S3s second hand.

exactly what he needs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys.

What price should I be looking at for a second hand pair?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts