Wharfedale Diamond 12.3

iammr4

Mar 10, 2022
Visit site
How would What HI-FI position Diamond 12.3 vs 12.4, what are the differences between the 2 pieces, and how 12.4 is comparing over the other rivals please?

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello and Hi! How big is the room that fits the wharefedall Diamond 12.3 ? What is the minimum size? in meters please.
Why this specification is never there? It is very important to scale new speakres to the room size. I Think every review must tell the readers what the minimum and the maximum size of room may fit to the speakers on report. The words small medium and large soes not say anything because it is different from one person to another.

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Hello and Hi! How big is the room that fits the wharefedall Diamond 12.3 ? What is the minimum size? in meters please.
Why this specification is never there? It is very important to scale new speakres to the room size. I Think every review must tell the readers what the minimum and the maximum size of room may fit to the speakers on report. The words small medium and large soes not say anything because it is different from one person to another.
Room size is related to bass extension. My Oberon 3's reach 47Hz and they are stand mounts with one woofer, the Diamond 12.3 reach 45Hz and they are floorstanders with two woofers. In terms of area 15sqm is small and 25sqm is medium/big, but the dimensions matter also. You will need a room with 7m length or more. Tone controls can help you with a smaller space. My Oberons play fine with the bass toned down in a 15sqm space that is 5m in length.

It's not that simple though, is it? Frequency response figures allow for output falling at the extremes, and not necessarily by the same amount - there isn't just a sharp cut off where output stops. One speaker may stay relatively even until close to its quoted minimum, where another may roll of gradually from considerably further up the range.

Feb 19, 2024
Visit site
I’m running my Fyne 302’ s with Marantz 6005 amplification and never thought “Uhhmmm, I wish it was noisier “ My room is 4.5x3.7m so I believe these 12.3’s would fill well 25sqm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts