Wharfedale 9.5?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking to upgrade the old Klipsch speakers. Floor standers from Wharfedale (the 9.5) and stand-mounted offerings from Axiom, PSB and Paradigm have made the short list. The new speakers will be driven by an "older" Harman Kardon receiver and I am wondering if its 55wpc will be adequate. The HK delivers good, clean amplification, but I don't want to over tax it. Anyone have experience wth the Wharfedale 9.5's?

A

Anonymous

I have tried HK amps with a variety of speakers, and can testify that HK's power will suffice for most but the most demanding speakers. 55 wpc that HK mentions, is an understatement. Don't read too much into that.

And like Andrew asked, which HK is that and which Klipsch is it driving currently?

A

Anonymous

The HK is an AVR320 currently driving the Klipsch Quintet Micro's and sending the bass to a KSW10 powered sub. Good little set of speakers for the past 7 years or so. I agree that Harman's power ratings are understated. I have no experience with the Wharfedales and am thinking they might be a bit much for my 4.5mX4.5m room. Plus I would need the 9.0's or similar for surrounds and maybe another sub. That's a lot of speaker for a smallish space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts