Wharfedale 9.1 v 10.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I *had* decided to buy a pair of Wharfedale 10.1s based on a successful demo and the cracking reviews they get.... however, there are some great deals online for the 9.1s - £100 v £200.

Any thoughts on whether the 10.1s are worth the extra cash? Or to put it another way, are the 9.1s too good a bargain to turn down at that price?

Unfortunately I can't demo the 9.1s so would be buying 'deaf'.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

9.0's are fine for satellite speakers, but for hi-fi speakers you need the .1s. I've not heard the 10.1s, but they definitely won't be £100 better than the 9.1s.

A

Anonymous

Miggs:
Go to the review section of this site and see what WHFSV gave the wharfedale 9.0 speakers.

Miggs.

I didn't say they weren't any good, but if you're after decent speakers and are looking at the 10.1s, you're going to be underwhelmed by the 9.0s. £50 is great for a pair of speakers, but they're tiny and won't give you the sound reproduction that the 9.1s are capable of. With the 9.1s at £100 they're a no brainer.

I've heard both and I think the chap is going to be disappointed with the 9.0s over the 9.1s. Let along the 10.1s!

A

Anonymous

I was able to demo the 10.1 and was impressed. I have a large room so need the .1 series.

Haven't been able to hear 9.1s - my primary concern is the finish of the black version. I've heard it's a tad cheap looking compared to the 10.1s and MA BR2 (which were great also).

Anyone know how the black 9.1s actually look in the flesh?

A

Anonymous

I've had my 9.1's for several months and really enjoy them. Mine are
black ash finish which is consistent with the £116 paid for
them.....they look fine.

If I was being picky though there are
one or two points where the black covering is a little rough at the
joins. Not really an issue and I smoothed them off using a black marker
pen.

If they can now be had for £100... no contest really on the bang for buck basis.
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts