went to the cinema

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
went to the cinema today, and its pretty safe to say, i was disapointed, the audio was not up to scratch and the picture looks 720p and quite fuzzy, and my bose 301's, definatly sounded alot better, it could be my ears but the sound was lacking any low bass, and the vocals sounded muddy when speaking, i expected more from the cinema, it should be the best picture and best sound out there, id rather of watched the film at home.... just in forming you of my experiences, is it me or have u had anything similar??

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
well , i have to say i agree with you. Well certainly the local cinema that I went to. Bad Picture, bad sound, surly staff, expensive food, expensive tickets.....cold. Not going back

compared to

Birmingham Imax Theatre Millenium Point. The best cinema experience I have ever had. Watched the last Star Treck and was totally engrossed. You had to turn your head to watch Spock walk across the screen..... bonkers but amazing.

Good value to.

F

FunkyMonkey

Just a note. The Millennium Point site is no longer an Imax.

A

Anonymous

Watched the dark knight at bham iMac and got the wow factor
smiley-smile.gif

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
To be fair it does very miuch depend which cinema you go to. The sound at our local Odeon makes your ears bleed, and it's so old that the legroom was obviously judged for when people were much shorter back in the middle ages. Whereas the Empire in the next town is really decent all round and worth making the effort for.

buzz_lightclick

I agree, it depends on the cinema. I gave up on Odeons years ago, my favourite localish cinema is a Showcase cinema which has Sony digital 4k screens, mega comfy seats with generous leg room and an amazing sound system - I remember watching Black Swan of all films in there last year and was blown away by the sound design.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Our local cinema has the Sony 4K projectors. Could argue that i have seen better motion on my PJ at home, but the colours and detail were mint. Its the sound for me, at home you can create that rich, smooth sound and get drawn in. Cinema's can be bass heavy and 'course'even. Find effects steering better at home.
Definetly home cinema wins for me even if it means waiting a while for the films to be released.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts