Wayward Pines - a bucolic small American town

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
WAYWARD_PINES__teaser_desktop-2-carousel-1400x386_zps4c3eda3c.jpg

Looking forward to watching Wayward Pines when it eventually comes out. Twin Peaks stylee but a bit less surreal and more sci-fi.

Matt Dillon and Juliette Lewis are in it.

I've got the first two books and the third comes out in July.

Fox trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-b3Nw6Znw

and some piccies :

WelcometoWaywardPines_zps3c7c4915.jpg
WaywardPinesHotel_zps8e617581.jpg
WaywardPinesHotelSign_zps043e8fdb.jpg
WaywardPinesNotice_zps36f55bd5.jpg

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Looks interesting. (I'm a "peakie," so this sounds like my sort of thing.)

Hopefully a Freeview channel will pick it up, though it's a Fox production, so perhaps not.

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
Looks interesting. (I'm a "peakie," so this sounds like my sort of thing.)

Hopefully a Freeview channel will pick it up, though it's a Fox production, so perhaps not.

I'll probably get it on DVD as I've not re-subscribed to Sky after my recession wobble. The show looks quite stylish and is likely to have a music soundtrack to buy into as well. I'll keep my Google-eye open for more info as it come along and post fanboyant updates :cheer:

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Having purchased the first two books a while back, (Jan & Oct 2013), I was inspired to actually start reading by the emergence of the TV series trailer and the marketing hype a week ago.

Just finished book 1 and can say that it was certainly a page turner. Very enjoyable and it's made me look forward to the TV show even more. Now for book 2, here we go .....

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Finished book 2 yesterday, that bank holiday flew by ! Now have to wait until the end of July for the 3rd book to come out. Then an even longer wait until the TV show is broadcast, then another wait until it comes out on DVD.

In the meantime, more pics :

Nurse Pam ! (are you sure that's how you take my temperature ??)

WaywardPam_zpse90391d7.jpg

Nice ride.

Waywardcar_zps476d931e.jpg

There are two pavements to choose from, Matt.

WaywardMatt_zps6483f6c0.jpg

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Fox have announced that the first episode of Wayward Pines will be shown on 14th May next year in the US and 125 countries around the world. It's a long wait.....

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm assuming this won't be broadcast on Freeview/Freesat, so I'll see what the buzz is like once the show airs and decide whether a BD purchase is merited.

I'm hoping the new Twin Peaks series will be broadcast free to air in the UK, though there's no news on this. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm on freesat, so hope Fox will distribute via Channel 5 or E4.... They have their own channel though on Sky so it maybe only shown on that initially. Very much looking forward to seeing this series *biggrin*

The books were excellent.

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Wayward Pines episode 1 is available to watch for 1 week on various social media sites (e.g. Facebook).

Will be watching it tonight on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (following my Friday night curry ofcourse!)

TRENDING THREADS