Watching one, recording another...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Following many hours of WHF forum reading, I bought a 42" Panasonic plasma (with built-in freeview tuner) just before Xmas, and have just taken delivery of a Sony DVD HDD Recoder (with freeview tuner also built-in) so that I can watch one channel and record another. (Our region goes completely digital in March). But what connections do i need to make to let me do this. The Sony Instructions probably explain this... but not in words that I can understand!!!

Is there more to it than simply linking my aerial to the Recorder and then on to the TV, and linking the Recorder to the TV with the HDMI lead I've also bought??

It was oh so simple with VCRs!

Hope there's someone out there who can help!

Best wishes to all

Alan

A

Anonymous

Sounds like you've got it. Aerial into DVD, then loop it back out in to the TV, then connect the HDMI lead from your DVD to the TV. Job done.

matthewpiano

Link the recorder to the TV with the HDMI cable as you suggest. Make sure that your aerial goes into the DIGITAL aerial input on the Sony and out of the DIGITAL aerial output to the television. The DIGITAL ports are placed on the centre of the back panel. When you set the Sony up using the on screen easy set-up, ensure that you choose 'Digital' EPG rather than Guideplus (which is for analogue). After that, you are ready to go. To set up a recording, switch your TV to the DVD input, press the GUIDE button on the Sony remote and use the arrow keys and ENTER button to select the programme title you wish to record. The next screen will show the relevant information for the recording. Press ENTER again to select OK. The recorder will warn you that EPG Link is on. Select YES. You will now be returned to the EPG and a red timer will be displayed next to the programme you have set up. Press SYSTEM MENU to come out of the EPG. You can then switch the Sony off and switch your TV back to its internal tuner. The Sony will record the programme you have se the timer for, whilst you can happily switch and change channels to your heart's content on your TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanks so much to both of you night-owls!... especially you Matthew for the 'complete instructions'. Have you thought about publishing an 'Idiots Guide' for people like me??!!

Very best wishes

Alan

TRENDING THREADS