Watching Freeview on home cinema system ?

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Im a complete novice when it comes to setting equipment up and Ive recenty bought a Samsung home cinema system. The thing is, as I watch all my tv programmes on a Freeview box Id like to be able to put it through the cinema system's speakers. The problem is Ive no idea how I go about doing this. Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
it all depends on what inputs and outputs you have. I imagine your telly will have an optical output and your homecinema an input, so something like this should work. But CHECK YOUR MANUALS!

daveh75

What's the model no. of the Samsung home cinama system? What's the make/model of Freeview box?

That way we can see what inputs/outputs both units have,and it will be easier to help you.....

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Its a Samsung HT-TZ325 system and its a Matsui freeview box. Ive only got an old analogue which doesnt have much apart from 2 scart sockets and a few other sockets. The dvd player has 1 scart socket and the freeview box has 2. Also, feel free to explain in as basic terms as you can as I dont really understand a lot of the terminology yet.

I also saw on a forum somewhere else that if the dvd came with the speakers (as it did) that the speakers might not be built to provide sound from anything but the dvd player. Obviously Ive no idea.

At the moment I can either watch the dvd OR freeview but the dvd always overides freeview.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts