Was it my set? the feed from BBC? or my set up?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just watched the world cup on my 50'' VT20, I had a motion issue when the ball was kicked long from the keeper, there was some 'staggering' in the ball motion not through the full flight but for some of it?

Was it my set? the feed from BBC? or my set up?

Which one of the above was it???? I don't remember my pana PX70 doing that??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I did notice last night (while nerdily switching between ITV and BBC HD broadcasts to gauge the difference) that both were having some difficulties with certain longer-range camera shots. I found it worse on ITV HD, where the picture appeared to be over-sharpened. Applying processing like this can cause all sorts of motion issues. That and the poorer audio (not to mention poorer all-round presentation) took me back to BBC HD.

A

Anonymous

I think it was the feed. Frequently when the camera angle changed, it felt like the bit rate struggled for a second or so to catch up, after which it then felt seamless again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

By the way where is 'motion flow' I havent seen that in the menu options on the VT20?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johnb1966:By the way where is 'motion flow' I havent seen that in the menu options on the VT20?

IIRC Motion Flow is a Sony thing; Panasonic's Intelligent Frame Creation is found under Viera Main Menu > Setup > Other Settings

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Yep, go find the IFC. If not already turned off I also advice you to do so.
I saw the same phenomenon on my Panasonic in football matches. Once I turned the IFC off I haven't seen it since.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Clare Newsome:I did notice last night (while nerdily switching between ITV and BBC HD broadcasts to gauge the difference) that both were having some difficulties with certain longer-range camera shots. I found it worse on ITV HD, where the picture appeared to be over-sharpened. Applying processing like this can cause all sorts of motion issues. That and the poorer audio (not to mention poorer all-round presentation) took me back to BBC HD.

Nice one Clare..........................glad I wasn't the only sad person doing the comparison thing!

Fully agree with your conclusions as well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts