wanting a turntable and speakers for my bedroom,

jamestay1

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
There a was a programme last night on BBC 4 about vinyl records and I want to get a turntable and speakers for my bedroom. I currently owe no music device except my blu ray or pc if i want to play cd's.

my budget is around £250

thanks

jamestay1

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
yeh, I want to buy a turntable and speakers but do I need an amp ? I'm sure years ago my family only had a turntable and speakers with no amp.(was a long time ago, I might be wrong).

I want a turntable that also play's 78's.

thanks

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Well for a cheapish option you are looking at a Lenco GL75 off fleabay. Now that could be opening a hornets nest of problems for a starters.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Well for a cheapish option you are looking at a Lenco GL75 off fleabay. Now that could be opening a hornets nest of problems for a starters.

Or you could source an old music centre , that can spin 78s for peanuts . But then you have to trust sellers descriptions.

Or you could stick with what you have and go down the pub.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Garrard SP25?

Mind you let's get to the nitty gritty...

How interested are you in sound quality, or do you just want to play records? There's quite a few new music-centres out there which play records (including 78s), CDs, tapes, radio, and which can copy any of the above to MP3 memory sticks. Most of these can be yours for £250 and less. But don't expect amazing sound quality.

jamestay1

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
i've seen those Steepleton all in ones but I won't use the cd player,tape player and will never use it to transfer music to mp3.

Sound quality doesn't have to be great cause I'm deaf in my left ear.

Does anyone just make a turntable and speakers all in one ?

thanks

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you really just need a record player, just search 'record player' on ebay, show only new items and there's quite a lot, and I think most of them have 78 speed.

If course they're not going to have incredible sound quality: they just do what it says on the box, ie play records.

floyd droid said:
Lol , takes skill to post as a quote. I was typing about a music centre as you posted Major.
Great minds think alike, Floyd :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts