Want to stream new life from Arcam

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just pulled together a system from a few old but very good components. After being away from Hi-Fi for a few years I have been wanting to build a system. I'd love to have gone all out and got a brand new system but other priorities took over so it currently looks like this:

- New Mordaunt Short Avant 916i bi-wired to

- Used Arcam Alpha 8R Amplifier (50wpc)

- Cambridge Audio iPod dock

- (awaiting delivery) Used Arcam Alpha 8P to bi-amp the 916's

- (awaiting delivery) Used Arcam Alpha 7 CD

- Top quality cables and interconnects used throughout

Due to an unfortunate experience with my ex, my entire CD collection (along with former system) resides with her, however much of the music exists on my PC, some of which in lossless format.

I'm really happy with the sound produced from Arcam and 916's fed via the iPod in fact the sound really blows me away but I know it can be improved as the DAC stage is............ well rubbish. I have the Alpha 7 CD which could benefit from an improved DAC which makes me wonder if it would also be possible to stream music through the DAC fed my PC somehow.

I havent dabbled with Hi-Fi for a few years now so I'm a bit out of touch.

Appreciate any advice that can be offerred.

A

Anonymous

yeah I can connect a laptop straight to the DAC if that is possible. I have HDMI output, can this be used at all?

A

Anonymous

Wow - I didn't know I could connect via USB. Do you know if there's a way to use the HDMI? Would the quality be better?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts