Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I hope someone with mor knowledge could help me.

I am looking to replace my current wall mounted speakers, Cambridge Audio Incognito. They used to work well in a smaller room but since installed in kitchen dinner of about 40m2 they are not up to scratch.

I realise that wall mounting is not ideal for HiFi, however will stick to it for aesthetic reasons. The speakers are run from zone 2 on Yamaha RX-V673 through 1.5mm cables, about 8-10m long.

i have been thinking about buying Q Acoustic Concept 20 or B&W 685 S2 and suitable wall mounts, which seem to be available.

My question is:

Given wall mounting, zone 2 and cable limitation, what would be suggested speakers pair under £600 and is it actually worth spending extra money, or maybe just go with a cheaper set up.

BTW cables can not be changed as they are tun under flooring.

Thanks for all advice

Bart

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bart,

For wallmounting, you'd better look for speakers, designed for this purpose (like the Dali Fazon LCRs or the Guru Juniors [though those had supply problems in the UK]), or alternatively for sealed designs (Neat Iotas come to mind). I'm not aware of the UK pricing of these speakers though (I live in Belgium), nor of their availability for demo near you...

Maybe some UK residents can pop in for some more guidance! (I take it you live in the UK since you mention prices in £)

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely consider the Neat Iotas. Perfect for this scenario. You can get B grade ones for £549, just search the Internet, or new they are £695. They sound great and can be discreetly wall mounted. I think they are worth the extra.

scene

Well done!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of them - as I was thinking about these for my study (if I'm ever allowed to spend any more money on Hi Fi after my recent splurge! )

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
That's a good buy - if for whatever reason they don't fit the bill, you can sell them on and would probably break even. I would be interested to hear how they pan out.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
thank you all for advise, I've put the speakers up last night, they sound and look very good. I am amazed how much sound they produce for their size.

They can get quite loud, but it is not rave material, perfect for their role in living / dining area and the sound is very refined.

Bart

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts