Wall mounted speakers still good hi fi?

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
What do people think?

Apart from room space gains and being away from little fingers..... is it worth it?

Please share experience / examples.

Ambrose

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
They can be - PMC Wafer 2 is a good example of an on wall that performs. I have a set of Meridian P320's at home at the moment and they sing. To really work they need a sub though and that can cause an issue.

A

Anonymous

pmc db1i's are designed to go on the wall without compromising hi-fi

Ambrose:
What do people think?

Apart from room space gains and being away from little fingers..... is it worth it?

Please share experience / examples.

Ambrose

Hi Ambrose

Yes, wall mounting speakers can be still be worthwhile provided speakers are chosen and implemented with care. ATC offer SCM-7S and SCM-11S on wall versions of their excellent SCM7 and SCM11 monitors
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Seem to recall reading an article about a hi-fi install for Rachel Weisz's - by all accounts, 'our Rach' is a bit of an audiophile - music room/study, which has an odd shape, so she chose wall-mounted Spendor SR5s.

A

Anonymous

I've heard several. The only decent ones were the Sonus Faber Elipsa.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

So there are good speakers "Real Hi Fi" quality in wall mounted speakers, but at a cost by the looks of it :-(

Anyone suggest something cheaper that would work with AVR 280 Amp and Marantz DVD player? I have MT20 Sub also.

Speakers budget £300-£500, including second hand. A couple of ideas for these Dali Lektor 2 / AVI neutron 5 / PMC DB1+ (second hand) / Rega RS1???

Possible options to upgrade source to CD later on / stereo amp etc. Room size 15ft square.

Thanks

Ambrose

Ambrose,

Out of the speakers listed I would suggest the Dali's might be best choice and easy to audition, if you are buying the PMC's second hand and you decide you do not like them you should have no difficulty selling them on, these would be my second choice.

You mention 'out of reach of little fingers' but be aware none of these speakers will sound their best if mounted way up the wall.

You would, ideally, still need to mount them so the tweeters are approximately level with your ears when in your normal listening position.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts