Voice recognition remote controls

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Alll.

After much scouring of the internet I am at a loss as to why there isn't a one for all voice activated IR remote control on the market.

I have remote blinds, lights, brp, receiver,tv,digi box in just the lounge. Then there are the remotes in the rest of the house. It is a constant game of hide and seek even though we have a remote caddy for them all to go in.

Chatting with a friend who builds robots for a hobby and he reckons he would be able to build something to learn all of the remote signals and program speech recognition to enable all functionality for less than £150. And get this, the unit would be housed in a device of my choice "printed" on a 3-D printer.

So my question is, at £150 how many of you out there would be interested? He's a proper geek and I have a few quid and I'm thinking of a little start-up business. Development ideas welcome as well.

Cheeers

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Harmony one. I dont want to speak to a remote to turn my lights on. Who uses voice rec on their phones or tablet except as a one off novelty? In a car maybe. For blind or some disabilities maybe. I'd train the dog instead

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts