Visiting Manchester and Liverpool in February. Any recommendations?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there!

Happy new year to you all :wave:

I'm visiting Manchester and Liverpool in February for the first time. I'd like you to recommend some hi fi stores (if you please, with some sort of map). Currently searching for non-expensive mains and closed-back headphones

Thanks a lot

:cheers:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I live in Manchester, and for a city of its size we are hardly inundated with Hi-Fi shops. In the actual city centre there are the usual suspects... Richer Sounds on Deansgate, and AudioT and Superfi directly opposite one another on Bridge Street.

Thats it.

Go out to the leafy suburbs of Cheadle and you have Audio Counsel and Audio Works, and I think there's a small independent one in Sale.

No idea about Liverpool, but inbetween Manchester and Liverpool is Doug Brady Hi-Fi in Warrington. A lovely shop, with really nice, helpful staff. They've got some lovely stuff on display and to demo there. If you're into turntables then Andrew there is your man. He know's his stuff and they have some really higher end turntables in store.

matthewpiano

I work in Manchester and have used all three of the mainstream shops there and had good experience with all of them. However, none of them are likely to offer much in the way of mains products.

I think Cheadle and Warrington would be good places for you to visit, as DIB suggests above.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK the Audio T on Bridge St has closed since the Sevenoaks merger, so choice is even more limited. There is Hifistereo on washway road in sale, about 2 miles from the centre. I sometimes work in Liverpool but the 2 places I found listed as being in the centre seemed to have shut down. I think there's somewhere in bootle.

Ive never been but Kronos av has a Manchester 'office' and they're more likely to do mains stuff, but you'd definitely need to call them.

A

Anonymous

I get excellent service from Audio T on bridge street, well worth a visit IMO.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Apologises! I've only just got used to called the old Practical Hi-Fi, Audio-T and then it changes names again.

Tip No 1: Good pub opposite, imaginatively called The Bridge Inn. Good choice of ales.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Tip No 1: Good pub opposite, imaginatively called The Bridge Inn. Good choice of ales.
And if you go to Washway Road,as Ben says, then find your way to Old Hall Road (a mile if that) and go under the M60 ,follow the dirt track(Rifle Road) to the Mersey, and you end up at Jacksons boat (pub/food)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
DIB said:
And if you go to Washway Road,as Ben says, then find your way to Old Hall Road (a mile if that) and go under the M60 ,follow the dirt track(Rifle Road) to the Mersey, and you end up at Jacksons boat (pub/food)

Good call.

In the summer my wife and I sometimes walk our dog round Sale Water Park and end up there!

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
It was a tiny place when I first frequented in my teens around 74-76.Great for under age drinking as it was off the beaten track (no water park then).The walk back afterwards was across the golf course. My first experience of course designing!

I went back out of curiosity last year for the first time in nigh on 30 years and was surprised by the size of the pubs development and the variety of food on offer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts