Visit the Bristol Show and become educated!

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Imagine the expertise gained by visiting the Bristol Show!

From one's small random samples of equipment it would suddenly be possible to claim knowledge of every interesting system on the market!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Shows can be a double edged sword.

It's a great place to meet dealers / manufacturers and see / hear new kit......but hotel rooms are notoriously difficult places to get kit sounding right, due to less than ideal room acoustics and power quality ie. it can make good equipment sound cr@p, and thus be misleading.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

It's a great place to meet dealers / manufacturers and see / hear new kit......but hotel rooms are notoriously difficult places to get kit sounding right, due to less than ideal room acoustics and power quality ie. it can make good equipment sound cr@p, and thus be misleading.

I agree, also you have no control over the music or volume, not to mention people getting in the way.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
NHL said:

From one's small random samples of equipment it would suddenly be possible to claim knowledge of every interesting system on the market!

Thats not true, many brands don't seem to be there, like ATC, AVI, Electrocompaniet, Creek and Harbeth to name a few.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:
NHL said:

Thats not true, many brands don't seem to be there, like ATC, AVI,Electrocompaniet,Creek and Harbeth to name a few.

I assumed there was some irony in the OP -- maybe a hint of exaggeration? Or maybe I'm trying to be too subtle.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
I assumed there was some irony in the OP -- maybe a hint of exaggeration? Or maybe I'm trying to be too subtle.

It's not always easy to tell on here.....except with some characters. :silenced:

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
CnoEvil said:

I agree, also you have no control over the music or volume, not to mention people getting in the way.

Agree, any kit can sound decent with volume loud enough, and playing music without vocals and only three instruments, a drum and a two guitars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts