Virgin v+hd box. Audio interruption.

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am having a slight problem, more like an annoyance.

When watching h.d. content through my samsung v+h.d. box. I am connected to my a.v.reciever by h.d.m.i. cable, and when viewing "only" h.d. content the audio seems to be interrupted every so often for about a tenth of a second, it`s not like a sound drop-out more like a "hiccup", nothing happens with the picture it is o.k. only audio and only h.d.content.

Anybody else suffering or have any ideas ? .

Thanks.

scene

Haven't seen this issue, but I've got an "old" Pace V+ HD box. I would just check a couple of things. Have you got Bravia Sync enabled on your amp for the connection from the V+ box (not sure if your amp has this), if so, try disabling it, as I've had some fun with my Kuro link (same CEC thing, different name) and some of my equipment. Also, what HDMI cable are you using to connect your V+ box to the amp? Have you got another one you can try? If not, get a cheap ThatCable one for £5 and try that to see if you still get the problem?

Having said that, could be a dodgy V+ box. Just one last check, is your box in a closed cabinet? I know in my old AV cabinet the V+ box used to get very, very hot and then started playing up...

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Scene,

Thanks for getting back,I am using a Q.E.D. hdmi cable but I have tried a different cable, still the same . I don`t have bravia sync on my amp so it`s not that. The box is in a cabinet but it`s not enclosed and when you touch the box it`s not that warm.

It`s annoying as it only cuts out with h.d from the v+h.d box and nothing else and only for a milli-second . Forgot to mention in my original post that blu-ray was fine as well.

Cheers.

scene

Ok, well that rules out a few of the more obvious possibilities. And yes, I agree it is annoying.

One thought. You say the blu Ray works ok. Have you tried swapping the blu ray and V+ inputs around on the back of the amp? If you have, then you're left with a V+ issue...

In that case I'd get on to Virgin customer service and see if they can suggest anything (see how long before they suggest re-starting the V+ box
emotion-5.gif
)

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Scene,

I have already tried swapping inputs, it made no difference. Guess i will have to speak to Virgin. I try to avoid contacting them as i find their customer service shall we say " Leaves a lot to be desired"

I am convinced that they are told not to deviate from the "Script" and have found their technical skills less than adequate.Still nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Thanks again for the input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts