Virgin V+ and HDMI switches - HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got a Pioneer PDP-434HDE Plasmer screen and I've recently got the Virgin V+ box and a HD upscaling pioneer DVD player. Unfortunately, I only have 1 HDMI input on the TV. I bought a THOR 4-way switch which wasn't compatible with the Virgin V+ box and subsequently bought another switching box which also isn't compatible. Do you know of a HDMI switching box that is compatible with the Virgin V+ box, as Virgin don't seem to?

Many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure why those switches don't work with the V+. It may be a HDCP (content protection) issue, but I'd expect most switches on the market to be HDCP compliant, or it could be a lack of signal strength from the V+ box.

Or it could just be a problem in the TV itself - I know there were some problems with some Pioneer screens and the Sky HD box. Maybe it's worth a chat with Pioneer's service people...

A

Anonymous

The Sky HD and Pio Plasma issue was directly related to the voltage being sent out by the HD box damaging the silicon in the Rx chip on the TV.

Not sure about your issue though, as Andrew suggested it's probably HDCP (does the DVD player work when playing a movie?). Might be worth trying to swap inputs around on the switch and changing turn on order just to see what does what. Do both sources work correctly when running direct to the TV?

A

Anonymous

Both sources work normally when connected direct to the TV, so there can't be an issue there. It is only when I put them through a switch that there becomes a problem. I have tried changing the order of the devices and switch 'ons'. Maybe it is a HDCP issue, although both switched that I've tried claim to be fully HDCP compliant.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've got the exact same problem using a Samsung Rear Projection TV. I contacted Virgin support, who informed me that they don't recommend using any HDMI switch box with the V+ box...which doesn't really address the problem!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts