Virgin TiVo Multiroom Streaming?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've just found in the settings menu what looks like the possibility to stream from one TiVo machine to another. Multiroom streaming.

We've got two of these machines, and it looks like the system sees both, and there is a note that says that you should look at the bottom of "My Shows" to view what has been recorded on the other box.

But there's nothing at the bottom of My Shows that relates to this.

As my family records different things on each machine, it would be good if we could view on the main tv something that had been recorded on the other...but can't seem to see what I need to do.

No point phoning Virgin, they probably won't know |(

Anyone tried this?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
A bit of digging later ... looks like the two TiVo boxes need to use your home network, linked via ethernet.

However, I understand that you still can't watch one boxes recorded shows on another (yet) because of Virgin not having the appropriate broadcaster rights to do this (yet)?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely right about Virgin not knowing - customer support is usless, nobody knows anything, promised returned calls don't happen, emails are unanswered, advice is contradictory or plainly stupid.:wall:

Rant over.

Hope you have better luck than me DC.

A

Anonymous

:) in responce to above comment

virgin have just released multiroom streaming - cust must have 2 tivo boxes or more and both must connect via ethernet to hub or bb service - new tivo app and new tv anywhere service just launched last week and have tested already - amazing to watch rate and remote record via apps etc and being able to watch recorded items upstairs and down on either box is fab - amazing to have and just waiting for all the rest now try and catch up; ;)

TRENDING THREADS