Virgin Media users 2011

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Happy new year, just a quick one in regard to virgin media internet. My internet connection was going slow, and my wireless connection for my pc kept dropping out.

I rang them and they advised me to change my freq channel to "11" ( it was set to 6), also i reset my router and set it up again also,new name and password key.

Since changing the channel to 11 its much faster, so if you are getting problems id give it a go. The bloke also said he was sending me a BOOSTER down the line to me!! LOL, not to sure what he meant if owt!!!!

scene

I suspect that the change from channel 6 to 11 will have improved things because most (if not all) WiFi routers are set to 6 by default, including those wonderful over-powerful BT HomeHub jobbies. As a result Channel 6 gets a bit crowded, bringing down the performance. I tend to sweep the channels with my old laptop with a plug-in Netgear card, which tells me which WiFi routers are on what channels (90% are on 6). Tend to go for 2 or 11.
emotion-5.gif

As for the BOOSTER down the line...
emotion-3.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
That could work for any ISP, not just virgin

And by booster, id gather he meant boosting the optical signal so its not as degraded (Purely a guess mind)

Tonestar1

aliEnRIK:

And by booster, id gather he meant boosting the optical signal so its not as degraded (Purely a guess mind)

I suspect you are correct and they are just turning up the gain on the signal, I used to do a similar thing on copper lines. If turned up too high this can have an adverse effect on line quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts