Vintage kit gallery!

• Thread starter the record spot
  • Start date

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Whatever happened to Kenwood ? They were big advertisers in WHF in the early '90s and top of the home cinema game...

(guess they went back to making food mixers...)
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

roger06:
Whatever happened to Kenwood? (guess they went back to making food mixers...)
emotion-42.gif

chefdm2711_468x463.jpg

A

Anonymous

Try: www.thevintageknob.org. Excellent site with a slew of information and a buttload of pictures and specs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the website by the way, I love it. The Pioneer SA-510 they have looks lovely, as did the one I briefly usd to own. Never should've sold that thing. :)

A

Anonymous

Jan Hibma:Try: www.thevintageknob.org. Excellent site with a slew of information and a buttload of pictures and specs.

Superb site also - the guys amp is a JVC A-X9 too! See, people with taste these vintage hi-fi buffs!

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
My father used to have one of those old Pioneer amps, similar to the SA-6300. It didn't half pump out some bass though a pair of little Wharfedales. I actually cried when he got rid of it! And to add insult to injury, it was replaced with some awful Realistic piece of junk, It sounded like rubbish!

Anyway, heres a design classic, the Lecson AC-1

lecson.jpg

Edit: opps! misread the thread title.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
roger06:
Whatever happened to Kenwood ? They were big advertisers in WHF in the early '90s and top of the home cinema game...

emotion-42.gif

Kenwood were supposed to be merging with JVC --

What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision - Blogs

One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The two Kenwood companies were never related in any way.

One was (is still) a British founded kitchen appliances manufacturer started in 1947 by Kenneth Wood (they used to manufacture in Havant, Hampshire and still have an HQ and service facility there) and the other is a Japanese electronics company originally called Kasuga Radio Co.Ltd and was founded in 1946.

They subsequently renamed the brand 'Trio' in 1960 and then (globally) decided to rename themselves Kenwood in 1981. This new name was rolled out by 1986. (Except in Britain until 1987 because of difficulties with the mixer company having the same name.)

Here is the announcement of the J&K joint venture (Victor Company of Japan & Kenwood)...

http://www.kenwood.co.jp/en/pdf/20080828_01.pdf

A

Anonymous

lonely boy:
One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

I'm going to do that soon! I'm going to get a Marantz Receiver 2270 or something like that and a Marantz tuner (10B hopefully!), a pair of Bang&Olufsen speakers (the pregnant penguine looking ones), a Pioneer PL-12 and a Revox B77...that's when my parents get a new house anyway!

Hughes123:lonely boy: One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

I'm going to do that soon! I'm going to get a Marantz Receiver 2270 or something like that and a Marantz tuner (10B hopefully!), a pair of Bang&Olufsen speakers (the pregnant penguine looking ones), a Pioneer PL-12 and a Revox B77...that's when my parents get a new house anyway!

Are you saying my OH resembled a pair of speakers?
emotion-5.gif

I've been saying for while I'm gonna build an old system for my daughter (that's my excuse, anyway).

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:Hughes123:lonely boy: One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

emotion-5.gif

I've been saying for while I'm gonna build an old system for my daughter (that's my excuse, anyway).

Lol! Tell us when she arrives and we can create a thread especially for her named "Congratualtions - You've got an audiophile daughter..."!
emotion-5.gif

Hughes123:plastic penguin:Hughes123:lonely boy: One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

emotion-5.gif

Lol! Tell us when she arrives and we can create a thread especially for her named "Congratualtions - You've got an audiophile daughter..."!
emotion-5.gif

She's already a music lover. My little'un isn't six yet and she has a fairly impressive collection, including Queen, Scissor sisters and various other grown-up music - and of course, the ubiquitous childrens CD's.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:roger06:
Whatever happened to Kenwood?

emotion-42.gif

chefdm2711_468x463.jpg

ÿ

Oh the joy of old ads

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:Hughes123:plastic penguin:Hughes123:lonely boy: One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

emotion-5.gif

emotion-5.gif

She's already a music lover.ÿMy little'unÿisn't six yet and sheÿhas a fairly impressive collection, including Queen, Scissor sisters and various other grown-up music - and of course, the ubiquitous childrens CD's.ÿÿ

She's called FMJ Penguin. An improved version of the old plastic thing

ÿ

ÿ

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:lonely boy:

Oh yes, if you can do it, that would be a pretty cool system!

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I used to have a Sansui Ax 500 something or other before the remote controlled efforts came on line with 80 wpc and basically it was awful. My previous Amp was a Marantz PM 440 in Champagne Gold (their trademark back then) with a 5 band graphic equaliser that still sounded better than the Sansui. Then I was swept away with the Pioneer A400 ( a revelation in its day) and could most likely hold its own in the current market. A cracking Amp for £240 when I purchased it and partened well with the Rotel Bitstream CD Player/DAC in the Box and Sony APM22ES Speakers on Apollo Stands and Monster Cable. It had a presence
emotion-59.gif

JoelSim:plastic penguin:Hughes123:plastic penguin:Hughes123:lonely boy: One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is, space permitting, put together a decent complete retro system. That would fum.

emotion-5.gif

emotion-5.gif

She's already a music lover. My little'un isn't six yet and she has a fairly impressive collection, including Queen, Scissor sisters and various other grown-up music - and of course, the ubiquitous childrens CD's.

She's called FMJ Penguin. An improved version of the old plastic thing

She loves her dancing lessons, so I believe she's a real 'diva'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts