Vintage & Digital

Puikie

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.....

I have a nice Marantz surround receiver (SR 5400 OSE) but is nowadays a bit old school. I want to replace it with something new and also make the switch from surround to hifi, because I prefer listening to music over watching movies.

I want to make an update to streaming audio, but I also have a nice collection of vinyl. Therefore I'm searching for a solid TT / amp combination that can handle also digital music for example in combination with a separate network player.

I already have a good pair of speakers (Phonar), a NAS (Synology DS212j) and a CD player (Marantz CD6002).

What TT / amp combination would you advice? And which network player would you suggest (for example the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6)?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Puikie,

welcome to the fun.

TTs aren't my thing, so I'll leave it to others to advise you on that. It would help if you gave an idea of your budget for the TT, amp and streamer.

As for the streamer, am I right in thinking that the DS212 has its own media player software? This would mean you could connect direct to a DAC without the need for a streamer. So you might consider buying a DAC with USB, assuming you don't need multi-room capability.

Just a thought ...

Matt

T

the record spot

Just to be clear, do you want a separate integrated amp, or would you look at an AV amp again?

Puikie

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Matt,

thanks for the comment. I just bought the Synology NAS, I'm not yet fully aware of all the possibilities. But you're right about the media player option.

I also want to listen to internet radio stations. Is this also possible with the Synology NAS? And what kind of DAC would you recommend?

As for my current AV receiver, I want to replace it with an integrated amp. My budget for the TT & amp is about £ 800

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts