Video component cables connection to AV Receiver

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Please forgive my ignorance with this but i'm very new to home cinema and need a helping hand. In my AV Receiver manual it suggests connecting a video component cable from my DVD OUT to my AV IN and then connect another video component cable from the AV OUT to the display IN. Is there a reason for going via the AV Receiver ? Why can't i just connect straight from DVD player to TV ? Any cable recommendations also for best picture quality (bearing in mind i'm still using a CRT Sony tv at the moment) ? Thanks for any help / opinions.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You can connect direct to TV - in fact for the best picture quality I'd suggest you do just that. Connecting through the receiver gives you the convenience of picture and sound switching together if you have multiple video sources, and a single cable connection to the TV.

Wouldn't spend a fortune on cable - something like QED Qunex-P CV1, at about £45, will do very nicely.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.

Another thing (though on the same subject). I've tried the connection of the dvd to my tv with a Scart lead, and an S-Video lead. Would the use of the component cable make a noticeable difference to the S-Video lead ?

And one more - i originally had the dvd connected to the Receiver with analogue cable which gave 'Dolby Pro Logic' playback on movies. I've now connected it via a digital cable which gives 'Digital' playback. I'm assuming the Digital is the better one to use ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts