Very impressed with service [:)]

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just off the phone with Virgin and thought I'd post a comment on here as I was very impressed with the service.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking on their website to see if I could get any offers or benefits as an existing customer for phone, broadband and TV. I managed to order a "Super Hub" for my XL broadband, free of charge, which I was happy with. I don't know whether I will see any benefit from it as most of the things on my home network go through a switch rather than the router. Still, I'm not going to say no to something for nothing...

Today, I got my bill through and there is a £75 charge for the "Super Hub" and that sparks my memory and I realise that I never got the thing! A quick phone call to Virgin, I get straight through at what I would expect to be a peak time with people getting home from work, and the girl on the phone says "that's fine, it looks like there was an issue with how it was ordered. I'll get you one sent out (will arrive day after tomorrow) and I'll get my manager to credit the account".

No arguments, no explaining my situation twice, no fighting to get my bill adjusted. A quick, efficient, pleasant phone call and a very happy customer [:)] I do actually work in a tech support role for one of the other major ISP companies, lets call them Pie, for want of a better name, and I will say that I wish there were more people like that working for Pie...

I suppose the true test will be if she actually does what she has promised. I know from the inside that there are too many people that will just tell the customer what they want to hear and then not bother doing what you have promised. I will be back if I do not get the "Super Hub" or the £75 credited...

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Let me get this straight.

Your impressed with their service because you have been charged for something they said was "FREE" and you also "DON`T" have it.

I would say you were very easily "Impressed"

A

Anonymous

I'm not impressed with being charged for it and then not getting it, but what I am impressed with is how well it was then dealt with. In my experience the best way of telling a good company from a bad one is how they deal with a situation when something goes wrong. That is of course on the proviso that things going wrong is a rarity. I have been a Virgin Media customer for almost a year and this is the first slip up there has been. I was with Talk Talk for less than a month and let's just say I had good reason to cancel within the cooling off period. I also had my reasons for leaving Sky.

I am not going to kick up a fuss and complain about a situation when all it takes is a quick, pleasant phone call to rectify it... Instead I take a more positive stance and commend them for how they have dealt with the situation. Oh, and believe me, I am not easily impressed!

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Why don`t you reserve judgement until your account has been credited and you have the item and then tell everyone about the great service you have received from Virgin Media.

A

Anonymous

camac:Why don`t you reserve judgement until your account has been credited and you have the item and then tell everyone about the great service you have received from Virgin Media.

Read my last paragraph...

A

Anonymous

camac:Read my last post.

I accept that there is a possibility that I will be let down and I will have to retract my comment on being impressed with the service. I am prepared to take that risk. As it stands, I have no reason to think, or believe that I will not get what I have been promised, and that is how my opinion of Virgin will remain, until such a day that I feel they have let me down. Only time will tell if I have been premature in my expression of delight, but for the time being, perhaps we should agree to disagree as it really doesn't make much difference either way and I think there are better things to debate...
emotion-1.gif

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
[I accept that there is a possibility that I will be let down and I will have to retract my comment on being impressed with the service. I am prepared to take that risk. As it stands, I have no reason to think, or believe that I will not get what I have been promised, and that is how my opinion of Virgin will remain, until such a day that I feel they have let me down. Only time will tell if I have been premature in my expression of delight, but for the time being, perhaps we should agree to disagree as it really doesn't make much difference either way and I think there are better things to debate...

Agreed. We shall agree to differ.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts