Very Bad customer services

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently visited my local dealer called Unilet sound and vision had one of the worst customer services in my life. All the staff was very unhelpfull, i want to buy Amp around £1500 mark so i have asked the shop for home demo which the shop has agreed to however the shop charged me the full price on top of non-refundable charged of £25 for each items.

please keep out this place if you can and i recently bought a Amp form sound and Vision in Epsom who was very good in customer service.

A

Anonymous

I would expect, at worst, a home demo to require payment for the item in full. This is then refunded upon return. Fair approach unless they feel happy to _give_ you the kit to take away. I've heard of both approaches in good dealers.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="sssuthesan"]
Hi all,

I recently visited my local dealer called Unilet sound and vision had one of the worst customer services in my life. All the staff was very unhelpfull, when i try to hire a Amp to listen at my home they have charged me non-refundable £25 on top of a deposite of the whole amount the Amp's price.

please keep out this place if you can and i recently bought a Amp form sound and Vision in Epsom who was very good in customer service.

[/quote]

Thats very unusual. You said hire an amp. I assume you mean a home trial in which case it would be quite normal for them to charge you for the item in full and, if the trial is successfull, give you a boxed product. To charge on top of that is something I have'nt heard before unless its a handling charge for something they've ordered especially in for you with a prior agreement on a charge should you not complete the purchase. Perhaps WH can pass your comment on to Unilet so they can respond and give their side of the story. I have'nt heard anything bad about them.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
On the bright side of this story though, I will second the great customer service from Sevenoaks in Epsom (assume this is the store the OP is mentioning). Very helpful advice and service when I went there. I shall be returning when I've saved up!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
A Naim dealer in Norfolk (mention no name but beginning with B) has a very bad customers service! I always get on well with dealers as change my kits quite often but this will be the last time I ever will use him!!! In fact I feel like reporting him to NAIM co.

iburnell

Mar 28, 2008
Visit site
Interesting. Assuming you mean Unilet in New Malden I've always found them to be polite and knowledgeable. They obviously would very much like the sale if they go to trouble of setting up a demo but I guess that's pretty much the same wherever you go. As an aside and on that subject I'm surprised more dealers don't have "open evening" to listen to popular combos shall we say Cyrus vs Naim etc. etc. - I've always found it a tad intimidating asking to listen to kit and then saying thanks a lot goodbye without buying anything

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
My local hi-fi shop called Leicester hifi in Leicester of course has a fantasic customer service, they will bend over backwards to help and always give good free advice.

A

Anonymous

The shop already had the Amp in stock and you are right it was home trial. for the extra charge of £25, i have informed my credit card company who is taking up with shop to get refund back. I have bought lot of stuff from Unilet hifi shop and want buy a Amp around £1500,since the incident i have bought a Primare i30 for £1500 from sound and vision branch in Epsom.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It must be difficult taking care of customers who then buy on the internet, but if you don't as a dealer then you're dead. I find that because I don't go t work in a suit, and I'm white collar, I don't get the same service in some places. I suppose it all boils down to whether you've shaved or not which is a bit silly. The dealers really should join these forums and they'd get some very good PR to buffs who buy. Common sense to me.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The thread title siad "bad customer services" and end up recommended your local as a good HiFi dealers
emotion-6.gif

C'mon this is a chance to slag off some bad ones out there!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]Are we still classing Richer Sounds as a hifi dealer these days, or do we treat them as a slightly more focussed Currys...?[/quote]

With Julian's empire I have to say they stocks differently in different branches. Like it or not, Mr. Richer has done wonder with Cambridge audio result in they has become one of the best bargain hifi of the last few years.

The kits that sound as good as 840C will normally cost you over a grand. I start off my hobby with Richers and still pop in to the shop now and again when I pass by, friendly people.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]Are we still classing Richer Sounds as a hifi dealer these days, or do we treat them as a slightly more focussed Currys...?[/quote]

They deal in budget hifi to those of us who frequent hifi forums but to the average man on the street they are a proper hifi shop. Like Thaiman I started my hifi journey in their shops and love the place. They have decided to concentrate on AV gear and budget hifi now, fair play to them. I still think their returns policy is one of the very best I have ever encountered in any area - not just hifi.

A

Anonymous

I purchased a Marantz CD6002 CD Player from Watford Richer Sounds at the end of last month which was faulty - the drawer wouldn't close.

Originally Richer Sounds sold me a PM6002 amplifier by mistake, with the box labeling being obscured by the tape they put on the box to enable me to carry it home ! It was only when I took this off that I realised the error. After giving them a ring and informing them of the problem a CD6002 was delivered by the salesman's Dad, and the amplifier returned, within 2 hours !

However, the CD6002 he delivered turned out to be faulty, as above. I called Richer Sounds and spoke to the salesman again to inform him of the problem. The next day, on Good Friday, the branch manager sourced me a cd6002 from Romford branch (as they were out of stock in Watford) and arranged for this to be delivered to my house that afternoon !

The replacement CD6002 works perfectly, and I'm very impressed with it - but I felt I must say how impressed I was with the service I received from Richer Sounds. Top notch customer service without doubt.

A

Anonymous

Good customer service is everything to me. I found the dealer I use by the internet and then telephoned and emailed a few times. I liked their response and the way they treated my enquires. So they get my business. Sometimes I see things cheaper and when I tell them about it they either match it more meet me in the middle; which always works for me. I am prepared to pay extra for service but there are limits. Its about offering a total package and my dealer does which is why I don't stray far. You need great service, great products, a desire to help and a sense of humour to deal with an awkward sod like me. Oh and very quick service if anything goes wrong. I've been in loads of shops by the way that either look down their nose at you or try and sell you the system THEY want - rather than listening to find out the system I want. Loads of shops don't even respond to their emails either - which always pis***s me off!

A

Anonymous

I purchased a PM6002 Marantz from Harrow Hi-Fi, spoke to a guy called Richard great service. Called in to check stock, reserved the item without a deposit and when i came to collect the amp it was next to the counter ready and waiting for me.

A

Anonymous

I thought i'd give it one more go and hey presto ..... the 4th one is perfect..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Amazing!

While what you implied in the other thread was less libellous than the comments made by a poster in the other place to which you referred, I fear I have still deleted your unsubstantiated suggestion made in the post above.

T

the record spot

[quote user="Emporio"]I purchased a PM6002 Marantz from Harrow Hi-Fi, spoke to a guy called Richard great service. Called in to check stock, reserved the item without a deposit and when i came to collect the amp it was next to the counter ready and waiting for me.[/quote]

Yes, very good little shop - tested my cartridge for me (which I'd bought elsehwere) when we had some difficulty with another turntable I'd picked up. Very highly recommended indeed.

TRENDING THREADS