Van den Hul health ring?! A joke?!

daveh75

I'm sure RA will be stocking a kimber version of the health ring before long.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

A new category for "accessories" reviews in WHF? Of course, obviously, evidently, this should lead any sane person who might still be unsure to feel relaxed about questioning 90% of the claims made by cable manufacturers and their more extreme customers. Placebo anyone?

"Just noticed that if I put 24ct gold rings around each of the spikes of my speakers, the sound stage opens up, bass becomes deeper and more controlled, and midrange becomes much clearer. The best upgrade ever. Improvements are so obvious that everybody notices, even my wife and the little spider on the top right corner of my ceiling. Pure gold placed in this way has been proven to impact sound propagation in a very audible way. Nay sayers might again argue that no lab instrument has ever measured such impact, me and my spider know perfectly well they are wrong. Tried cheaper silver and some platinum rings, but they increase treble too much...."

Also wearing a pink silk headband and purple wellies brings out details in all good recordings.

A

Anonymous

Peter Larsen:Mmskes m‚ question their other stuff

Too true! Although from personall experiance i know Van de hull do make some good products this really is laughable. Im suprised the company doesnt see the potential damage it could be causing itself by advertising the healthring on their web site with the claims that follow. mmmmm

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
garethwd: Im suprised the company doesnt see the potential damage it could be causing itself by advertising the healthring on their web site with the claims that follow.

And the damage it causes to the credibility of the whole hifi/audio/accesories market.

A

Anonymous

"Patients often react very positive on these rings. It has partly to do with mental blockades."

Only 'partly'?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Maybe they could 'invent' another ring to 'cure' impotency! Why just stop with the wrist? Now there's an idea VDH! Seriously what a load donkey poop! Im surprised no one has come out to back this idea up...After all what is the scientific proof it does not work and some people claim it does? A bit like biwiring *RUNS AWAY...FAST*

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm not too sure how different this is from those copper bracelets people wear.

Clearly it's something AJ or someone at the company believes in, and of course no-one's forcing anyone to buy it...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Not to mention the threat it poses to Western civilisation...

A lot of people still remember the 'damage' Peter Belt did to the credibility of certain journalists and publications at the time.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
The worlds going mad. After exhausting all other possibilities this is just another way to try and get your hard earned pounds out of your pocket.

Sure someone searching for that last ounce of performance may get them, it's their money, their choice. Just like the pens for cds.

CRAZY

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
I'm not too sure how different this is from those copper bracelets people wear.

Clearly it's something AJ or someone at the company believes in, and of course no-one's forcing anyone to buy it...

Hmmm. Do Van Den Hul advertise in 'What Hifi...', I wonder?

A

Anonymous

"aids in neutralizing negative disturbances by means of its highly structured molecular composition"
emotion-2.gif
Priceless!

Many thanks for your post, I am looking forward to the WHF review, obviously a 4 or 5 star product given the "nanotechnology" used here
emotion-5.gif

David

A

Anonymous

chebby:
A lot of people still remember the 'damage' Peter Belt did to the credibility of certain journalists and publications at the time.

I'd not previously heard of Mr Belt. I'm having a very entertaining time reading about him via Google. He's a one, isn't he?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Halloway:Hmmm. Do Van Den Hul advertise in 'What Hifi...', I wonder?

I have no idea, but I fail to see what bearing that may have on my comments. Or are you accusing me of some kind of corruption?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Halloway:Hmmm. Do Van Den Hul advertise in 'What Hifi...', I wonder?

I have no idea, but I fail to see what bearing that may have on my comments. Or are you accusing me of some kind of corruption?

You are trying to defend something that I think is indefensible and something that most of the rest of the posters on this thread think is ludicrous. So I ask myself why you might do that.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Halloway:You are trying to defend something that I think is indefensible and something that most of the rest of the posters on this thread think is ludicrous.

I am not defending anything - merely commenting on it.

Halloway:So I ask myself why you might do
that.

And reaching entirely the wrong answer.

idc

I enjoy these threads. The wild and wacky world of 'hifi tweeks and upgrades' is very entertaining. Stand alone companies who produce some unusual products, such as Black Ravioli and the Highwoire Audio Wraps cater for a small part of the market where people get real satisfaction by treating their hifi to something. I regard it in the same way as I regard diamonte dog collars and other doggy fashion accesories.

I am, like other posters surprised that VDH have come out with this one. IMHO it would be best left to a smaller outfit who don't have a respected name to lose. BUT and it is meant to be a big but, I am not going to resort to slagging VDH off as I have not tried it, I have not seen an independent review and someone there is convinced it works...so maybe it does!

A

Anonymous

So where is this ring supposed to be placed ???

The mind boggles
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MENISCUS:So where is this ring supposed to be placed ???

"When ordering please measure and specify the ring's required circumference so that it can slide over your hand as a bracelet (with your hand slightly squeezed)."

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

"When ordering please measure and specify the ring's required circumference so that it can slide over your hand as a bracelet (with your hand slightly squeezed)."

Oh fine! Now you tell us.....

21701788_neck.jpg

idc

chebby:Andrew Everard:

Oh fine! Now you tell us.....

21701788_neck.jpg

Her hifi must sound brilliant! I was a bit confused as to where the ring went, but a lovely nurse got it back for me..............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts