Valve amps

Vizzage

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new. I want a valve amp. Where's the best website to read about comparisons, reviews, etc? what are the pros and cons? what should I get? I like rock and rachmaninov.

A

Anonymous

Wow....a huge question that will be impossible to answer right away. First things first....How much do you have to spend. Do you want new or used.

As far as reviews are concerned, I'll have to be honest, there appears to be very few valve users on this forum so you will have to probably look elsewhere. Dont think I'm able to post links due to forum rules. Google valve amps and you will get what you want.....

There is a huge variety available from ebay cheapies.....mostly from China, (i'm not saying that Chinese gear is junk OK..) through to very expensive high end. I'm talking a whole lot more than the price of a new family car......In fact some are more than I paid for my house....honest....

Benefits and pitfalls....some, myself included will say that a good valve amp will sound a whole lot sweeter and powerful that an equivelent priced tranny design. Pitfalls are that valves dont last forever so have to be replaced.Intervals differ but 5 - 10,000 hours is in the ballpark.

Hope that helps but we need more from you.....

TRENDING THREADS