Valuing Vinyl

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Is there a website available that will give you rough ideas on prices for rare / old vinyl.

I was with my dad last night and talking about records and he pulled out an original pressing of The Beatles - White Album which he bought in 1968 (year of production) this is in excellent condifition and has only been played about 3 times. Its a double LP and I believe one of the original Mono recordings complete with 4 pictures and a pullout poster complete with Lyrics on the back. It also has an issue number embossed on the front (I am aware the lower the number the higher the value) This number is 0291803.

I said I would try and get an idea on value for him but dont know where to look.

Any ideas of value or where I can get a value?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Not to get your heart beating too fast, but I saw one of these going on E-bay before Crimbo, and the bidding was over £2000, with time still on the clock!

I hope the old man makes a killing

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bretty:

Not to get your heart beating too fast, but I saw one of these going on E-bay before Crimbo, and the bidding was over £2000, with time still on the clock!

I saw an old auction details a while ago, which had an issue no of 24 and that was sold for just over £4,000. I know that the higher the issue number the lower the value and I think that £100 is probably about right.......not bad to say he paid about 35 shillings for it when it was released :)

He doesnt intend to sell it and hopefully it will be inherited into my collection in due course :)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Jason36:bretty:

emotion-5.gif

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
The problem with records like this, to my mind , is what do you do with them ? Do you keep them stored with all your other records and play them every so often, which may reduce their value ? Put them on the wall and admire them on a daily basis ? Keep them for your own children who probably won't know what they have got and give them to a charity shop ? Or do you sell them for what you can get, buy a newer version of the record you have sold and put the remaining money towards buying more records ? I guess it depends on how much you like the music that is on them . This is not a dilema that I have to face even though I have a couple of records in my collection that might be worth a few quid.

Have you tried looking at popsike.com ? This lists records that been sold on auctions and how much they got . The most that has been paid for this album is about £19200 , but that did have the number 0000005 .

Nick

A

Anonymous

Http://www.popsike.com

Only as valuable as someone is willing to pay....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts