Valhalla-Technology VT Feet ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I've had a problem with vibration transferring from my speakers through the local building..lol it's not that I play music too loud but I have close neighbours.

Anyway, being a reasonable guy I though I'd check out something to help avoid this siuation and came across a Danish company called Valhalla-Technology at www.valhalla-technology.dk .They make a product called VT Feet which is supposed to help this problem. Has anyone tried this company or these VT Feet before?

Thanks in advance for any help

A

Anonymous

need to know what kit you have, how its mounted, and what the building is made of.

as a youth i had some fidelity speakers. the plastic boxed ones. total rubbish. they sat on the wooden floor, and pieved my parents. I dropped 3 screws through the carpet into the floor and sat the cabs on them. this stoped the speaker shaking about, which caused the vibration they could hear. From then on, the cone moved the air about, not the box.

Had the speakers been a bit more beefy i would of chosen slabs. the strength of a bookshelf speakers vibrations is not enough to even think about shifting a slab about. That would of effectively isolated the speakers from the building. There would also be the wall mounting option, had the walls of been real walls. pretend walls shake like a huge great speaker themselfs. lots of books on shelfs can mean a lot more effort is required to shake the wall though.

squash balls is a good one. half them and use them under slabs. slabs which your speakers or stands sit on. You can also buy anti vibration machine feet. remember though, its better to damp vibration with an immoveable object than rubber with speakers. you dont want the speaker swinging about or you could just bungie it in the air on partially stretched bungies. They need to be partially stretched so there elastic on both compression and tension. if there not stretching under the weight, there little better than rope.

Food for thought :)

edit: forget the bungies. the cone needs to move, not the cab. ive wrote it now though...

A

Anonymous

I live in Denmark and Valhalla-Technology are well known and reputable company. The best Hi Fi stores in the country stock their products so have faith lol . They do various VT Feet determined by the weight of speakers and I have some cewin vega clsc 15 and 15s, so I use VT Feet 30 and VT Feet 25. They have made a real difference ! Much better sound and huge difference in vibration around the house..well worth the money so try some.

Holm1982

A

Anonymous

Just a quick update

Thanks holm1982 for reassuring me about the company. Having dug around a bit it I found out that they are a very reputable company in Scandinavia and as you said their products are sold through the best Hi-Fi chain in this region.

Anyway I did contact them and found them to be very helpful. I ended up buying some VT Feet 15 for my beloved B&W 704's and received them quickly. I was somewhat skeptical on viewing them but when I tried them out......I was blown away by the improvement. A significant reduction in vibration transferrence such that the neighbours said that everything is fine now. However,the best bit for me is..... bass is much cleaner, midrange very focussed and the general sound much more open and natural. Compared to the price of my speakers, the cost of this product was insignificant, yet the improvement is amazing !! 10/10 product.

A

Anonymous

This spammer has been banned from most other forums for this, I take it spamming is allowed here then?

If you haven't worked it out, he works for Valhalla!
emotion-12.gif

TRENDING THREADS