Using two AV Receivers?

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello All

Yet more questions, please indulge me.

I have a Denon AVR4308a and a Denon AVR3805, currently just using the 4308a to run the speakers in my sig. The front 3 channels are bi-ampable (is that a word?). Is it possible to hook the 3805 up to the 4308a just using the amp to either run the front 3 channels or the back 4? In other words use the 4308a for the processing and amplification for 3 or 4 channels and the 3805 as just an amp for the remaining 4 or 3 channels?

Sorry if it's a daft question.

Thanks

Cam.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it's probably possible, using the multichannel inputs of the 3805 to take connections from the preouts of the 4308, and using it to drive the surround channels.

But it's going to be a serious faff setting it all up, cabling, and balancing channels, so while it's worth a try, I have no idea what the results will be like or whether the effort will be worth it.

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
The veil of darkness has been lifted! Saudi internet for you..........

Well i suppose the reason I ask is it is supposedly better to bi-amp. i have a "spare" 3805 witha decnt amp rating, although the processing is outdated. Just wondered....

I take it this balancing thing is difficult?

Thanks for the replies guys, couldn't see them for ages.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If in doubt, clear your cache and refresh the page...

The balancing won't be difficult, just very fiddly. Once it's all set up it should be fine: provided, that is, there isn't a remote control clash between the two, so every command sent to one amp affects the other. There's also the possibility of hum when the two amps are connected together, but really you won't find out whether or not that'll happen unless you try.

TRENDING THREADS