Using powered speakers, switching the source

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. I currently run my turntable and CD player through a technics amp which allows me to select my source on the front. This goes into a pair of aiwa speakers. They aren't great but do the job.

Thing is, I have a pair of Adam a7 studio monitors which I'm sure would give a better sound (without getting into the whole monitors as hifi speakers debate). Only thing I would need a way of selecting the source easily like I can currently, i switch between cd playstation, iphone and turntable currently. Any ideas on what would do this as cheaply as possible? Seems a fairly straight forward task but not sure what to search for.

Just to add, I have an external phono pre so that shouldn't be an issue. I might be completely missing something here though, so feel free to tell me if I'm being a bit dense!

cheers

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I think I know what you mean - Google "phono switch box" - there are quite a few, £10.99 from Maplin for example.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies! My speakers do have volume controls on them so that switch box will be perfect for now. I was thinking I'd have to go down the route of a pre amp and they all seem pretty expensive!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts