Using Onkyo 606 to output to an HDTV and Projector

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at purchasing an HDTV and an Onkyo 606, but in the future I want to be able to additionally hook-up a projector for movies.

I know the Onkyo only has 1 HDMI output, but could I use the HDMI output for the TV and the Component output for the projector and switch between watching my video source on the TV or projector in this way?

Or would I have to pay a lot more for a A/V receiver with 2 HDMI outputs? If so can anyone suggest a good model within the same price range as the Onkyo 606?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You won't find a model at the 606 price with 2 outputs and you won't be able to export all your sources via the component out either I'm afraid. Your other inexpensive solution is to buy an HDMI distributor and send the amp signal into this, then one to the TV and the other to the projector.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:You won't find a model at the 606 price with 2 outputs and you won't be able to export all your sources via the component out either I'm afraid. Your other inexpensive solution is to buy an HDMI distributor and send the amp signal into this, then one to the TV and the other to the projector.

Do you run into any issues regarding HDCP compliance with this method? I'm interested in doing the same in the future, but I heard that Sky HD encodes the signal to only allow visibility on one screen. I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick with this, just wondered if this was the case or not. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Yeah you may have a point, that's one annoying thing about HDMI!

Content protection is the bane of the digital age.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts