Using older B&O Beovox Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have three pairs of B&O Beovox speakers:

Beovox 3800, dating from the early 1970s, rated 40 (75) W at 4 ohm

Beovox 3702, dating from the early 1970s, rated 40 (75) W at 4 ohm

Beovox X25, dating from the early 1980s, rated at 25 (35) W at 8 ohm

I am thinking of purchasing a new Marantz M-CR603 system and wondered if any of these speaker would be any good with the Marantz or if I should sell the Beovox speakers on eBay and buy new ones?

A

Anonymous

Or, alternatively, keep them and use them. There might be a reason they're going for good money.

Jack

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments. Will any of these Beovox systems work with a Marantz M-CR603 (which I think is a 6 ohm output) and will the sound be better than new speakers such as Monitor Audio BX2?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
normally i would say the same but they're not greatly compatable with other gear especially newer stuff and why just Marantz, you could go with loads of makes until you find a decent match but it's a minefield, older gear fair enough, give them a try but you have to think about connection issues as a lot of B&O only works with the same make although i have heard B&O speakers with other kit but it's not a great match.

A

Anonymous

Looking at the specs of both the speakers and the all-in-one, the Marantz should drive them fine. About B&O not being compatible with other brands :my experience is quite different. It is highly unlikely though that someone here is using the exact same combination the OP is proposing. Why not buy the Marantz, try it with the different B&O speakers and see what you like. You could always get a home demo of some more modern speakers at a later point for comparison.

Jack

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts