Using MP3 on a Sony DA120ES amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can ayone help? I'm trying to work out how to play music from my Ipod mini nano via a Sony DA1200ES amp? I noticed that another similiar Sony amp actually allows you to put the mp3 USB connector via the front of the unit, allowing you instant access/play?

Does anyone one know how I can play music straight of my ipod onto a Sony DA1200ES ?

Thank you.

Mikey

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mikey,

The simplest way is to plug your iPod nano into one of the stereo inputs of your Sony amp, using a cable - the iChord is a superb example.

If you also want to charge and control your iPod while it's plugged in, a hi-fi iPod dock is your best bet - these range from Apple's own (though you'll still need to budget for a cable and remote) to ones from all the main hi-fi brands: Onkyo does a good budget option (this retailer even gives you a diagram so you can see how it hooks up to your system).

You'll get the best sound from your system if your iPod's files are ripped at a higher bit rate - preferably Apple Lossless, but as that'll fill your nano very quickly, say 320kbps AAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts