Using CA Minx as rears only

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I own HC Yamaha RXV-765 with Cambridge Audio S series speakers package (fronts S70, centre S50 and rears S30), no subwoofer. Recently I have moved to another apartment in which due to space constraint I would prefer to have small sized rears, such as Minx 10.

My question would be is it wise to leave S70s as fronts and S50 as center, and replace rears with Minx 10s? For a low freqs I would continue to rely on fronts, as room is quite small and I do not want to upset neighbors more than it is necessary. :)

Regards,

B

John Duncan

I'd be interested in the answer to this quesiton as well - am considering acquiring a couple of little Minxes for occasional rear duties, but have this horrible feeling that they're going to expect a subwoofer to bolster their bottom end*

*No innuendo left unturned. I'm here all week. Thanguverymuch.

A

Anonymous

I used some min20 speakers as rears for a while, and although they gave a good dispersed rear sound stage, a bi-product of their BMR technology, they were not the best at top range frequencies, some the image placement was somewhat lacking, they where just ok for the money. I would suggest the Boston XS would be a better option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts