Using a wifi router/external hard drive apple remote app

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone Merry xmas and a Happy New Year when it comes!!

I still havent replaced my wifi router and am in the process of making a final decision....

I have seen a number of routers that would do the job. Was then going to pick up a synology nas caddy and take it from there.

I then noticed that i could buy a router that had usb and plug my iomega hd straight into that to access itunes content.

How would this perform for piping hd movies and my itunes??

The next option would then be an airport extreme base station with the iomega plugged in to access itunes content.

The final option is a time capsule with 2tb onboard leave the iomega tucked away for backing up.

Question is can i use apple remote on my ipad to access content on any of the above through my system (below) or would i need to switch on my macbook to use this function??

Does apple remote app work with an apple tv??

I am open to any other suggestions..

Many thanks

John

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
Hi everyone Merry xmas and a Happy New Year when it comes!!

I still havent replaced my wifi router and am in the process of making a final decision....

I have seen a number of routers that would do the job. Was then going to pick up a synology nas caddy and take it from there.

I then noticed that i could buy a router that had usb and plug my iomega hd straight into that to access itunes content.

How would this perform for piping hd movies and my itunes??

The next option would then be an airport extreme base station with the iomega plugged in to access itunes content.

The final option is a time capsule with 2tb onboard leave the iomega tucked away for backing up.

Question is can i use apple remote on my ipad to access content on any of the above through my system (below) or would i need to switch on my macbook to use this function??

Does apple remote app work with an apple tv??

I am open to any other suggestions..

Many thanks

John

Edit- I would have to us an apple tv in order to get the itunes on screen??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts