USB to SPDIF

tommyskins

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a usb dongle to connect my laptop "HP G70-120EA" to the optical connection on my Beresford 7510 dac, anybody know of one for not too much money or any ideas as to how it may be connected?

Many thanks

Paul.

tommyskins

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you John, but cant seem to find what you mean!! Has it got a product number it's just directing me to hard drives and the like..

Paul.

tommyskins

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Its not having any of it John, keeps doing the same! I have been looking at some dongles ie turtle beach or the aureon dual usb i have also read that you can get a cable which connects the S-video to rca coax spdif fro ati which would also do the job !! Has anybody heard of or used these items?

Cheers

Paul.

A

Anonymous

Try one of these...Unfortunately they aint cheap but receive remarkably good reviews. Available from here.

Ooops....just read you want an optical connection...this is Coax only. I'll leave the post here for reference though

A

Anonymous

Further to my previous post, I took a dip and bought a M2tech HiFace. Deciding on whether to wait for the new squeezebox touch or spend less than half on this beastie....no contest on that score. Waiting a few days for delivery is always a pain but its here and WOW. A doddle to set up using the downloaded drivers. How does it sound. Great, everything has just opened up and the sounstage and detail is incredible. Upper freq hardness, although not really obtrusive has just vanished. Bass is very tight and mid range vocals sound as if they are in the room.

Not the cheapest usb to spdif adapter out there but the 2 oscillators are really doing their job. I can recommend this to anyone without reservation. I have been toying with the idea of upgrading my dac if and when funds allow....I think that idea has just vapourised....

idc

The M2 is credited with jitter reduction and is well reviewed elsewhere. It appears it can be seen as a DAC upgrade, so to that extent it is not that expensive. What DAC do you use?

A

Anonymous

Dont know if you are asking me the question but if you are.....VDAC....

A

Anonymous

Like I said idc....not cheap at £100 but a substantial upgrade which I am very pleased with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts