USB soundbar for Dell Monitor

mattpitts74

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi There,

I have just purchased a new dell monitor which has no audio out. According to dell you have to purchase their USB soundbar for get audio. My question is does anyone have any experience of using these soundbars and what alternatives are available to get higher quailty audio from such a monitor?

I was wondering if a USB DAC could be connected?

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The one for my Dell monitor is this one http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=520-10704&dgc=ST&cid=41141&lid=1069630&acd=239715600820560

Not exactly HiFi to be honest. I don't use it for listening to music or gaming anyway, it's perfectly adequate for watching the odd You tube video or even catching up on BBC i-player. It's a convenient neat solution, but no better than you would expect a built in speaker on a monitor to be.

If you want hifi type sound then I'd look elsewhere.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Dell aren't being entirely upfront with you about this. You don't need to connect anything to the monitor, your computer will have audio out into which can be plugged powered speakers ranging in price from a tenner to hundreds of pounds. Or you could go the USB dac route.

schopaia

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Someone has to know this one. It should be simple - I just don't have a DAC to test it out with, and I'd like to know if it works before buying one.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
schopaia said:
Someone has to know this one. It should be simple - I just don't have a DAC to test it out with, and I'd like to know if it works before buying one.

Why do you need a DAC? What do you want to try out?

pauln is right, a number of speaker systems could be used, not just Dell's, though, of course, they said what one would expect them to say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts