USB record decks

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a large collection of records from pre-cd days I would like to rip some of them to my pc for use on my Roku and Ipod. Can anybody recommend a USB deck? I don't want to spend a huge amount and a lot of the albums were probably not in tip top condition so I'm looking for the most cost effective solution. There are probably less than 50 albums that I'll want to do, mainly stuff that isn't available on CD

Thanks,

John Duncan

[quote user="Davey23"]mainly stuff that isn't available on CD[/quote]

Have you checked eBay? Will be easier and probably cheaper. Give us the list, we might have them between us!

If you do have a turntable already, get the Pro-ject Phono Box USB, and use any turntable you like. Borrow one if need be, then sell both on eBay for very little loss.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a turntable that works. I have seen a number of usb turntables advertised but I'm not sure of their quality. Some look very dubious. I did see mention of Sony producing one but not sure when it is released. Since posting the original question I have found out that a couple of my friends are also interested which may mean that we may end up with a group purchase with a better budget!.

John Duncan

In which case, get either the Project Debut USB, which has the USB phono stage built in and is the best of the USB-enabled turntables, or if you want to get the best possible quality, get the Project USB phono stage and the best turntable you can afford.

A

Anonymous

I recommend the Spin it Again software for converting vinyl / cassette to MP3.

For cassette, I connected an old Sony Walkman to the pc but for vinyl I had to move the whole hifi to the room I have the pc in. Thinking I should invest in a Laptop to convert the remainder of the Vinyl.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts